Jan 8, 2014, 4:24 PM EDT
Senior point guard Grant Gibbs will miss up to four weeks with a dislocated right kneecap.
Luckily, there is no ligament damage to the knee. There were initial concerns that Gibbs had torn his ACL or MCL.
“It wasn’t as bad as they anticipated,” Gibbs told GoCreighton.com. “It’s just a dislocated kneecap, so no ACL, no MCL. I’m looking at four-to-five weeks, but hopefully it will be sooner than that.”
Gibbs injured the knee in the first half on Tuesday night at DePaul.
He wasn’t the only one to get hurt during the game. All-american forward Doug McDermott sprained a joint in his shoulder, but he finished the game and shouldn’t miss any game-time moving forward.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)