Jan 8, 2014, 4:24 PM EDT
Senior point guard Grant Gibbs will miss up to four weeks with a dislocated right kneecap.
Luckily, there is no ligament damage to the knee. There were initial concerns that Gibbs had torn his ACL or MCL.
“It wasn’t as bad as they anticipated,” Gibbs told GoCreighton.com. “It’s just a dislocated kneecap, so no ACL, no MCL. I’m looking at four-to-five weeks, but hopefully it will be sooner than that.”
Gibbs injured the knee in the first half on Tuesday night at DePaul.
He wasn’t the only one to get hurt during the game. All-american forward Doug McDermott sprained a joint in his shoulder, but he finished the game and shouldn’t miss any game-time moving forward.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)