Jan 8, 2014, 4:24 PM EST
Senior point guard Grant Gibbs will miss up to four weeks with a dislocated right kneecap.
Luckily, there is no ligament damage to the knee. There were initial concerns that Gibbs had torn his ACL or MCL.
“It wasn’t as bad as they anticipated,” Gibbs told GoCreighton.com. “It’s just a dislocated kneecap, so no ACL, no MCL. I’m looking at four-to-five weeks, but hopefully it will be sooner than that.”
Gibbs injured the knee in the first half on Tuesday night at DePaul.
He wasn’t the only one to get hurt during the game. All-american forward Doug McDermott sprained a joint in his shoulder, but he finished the game and shouldn’t miss any game-time moving forward.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)