Jan 8, 2014, 4:24 PM EST
Senior point guard Grant Gibbs will miss up to four weeks with a dislocated right kneecap.
Luckily, there is no ligament damage to the knee. There were initial concerns that Gibbs had torn his ACL or MCL.
“It wasn’t as bad as they anticipated,” Gibbs told GoCreighton.com. “It’s just a dislocated kneecap, so no ACL, no MCL. I’m looking at four-to-five weeks, but hopefully it will be sooner than that.”
Gibbs injured the knee in the first half on Tuesday night at DePaul.
He wasn’t the only one to get hurt during the game. All-american forward Doug McDermott sprained a joint in his shoulder, but he finished the game and shouldn’t miss any game-time moving forward.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 12
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)