Jan 9, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
One of the freshmen who has been on the receiving end of a great deal of praise this season is Arizona forward Aaron Gordon, who’s currently averaging 12.4 points and 8.0 rebounds per game for the nation’s top-ranked team. The Wildcats visit UCLA on Thursday night in one of the day’s best games, with Arizona looking to reverse its fortunes against a program that won all three meetings last season.
Clearly Gordon’s going to be an important participant in the game, and the good thing about the freshman for Arizona fans is that the San Jose native has yet to reach his full potential. In a story written by Jason King of Bleacher Report, Gordon’s path to this point is discussed as are the things that motivate him the most: being a good teammate and winning.
“It’s hard to find that balance of being a great teammate and a great scorer,” Gordon said. “There are times when I have the ball and I’m thinking, ‘I can get by my man. I can get in the lane. I can make something happen.’
“Sometimes I probably should do it. It would benefit our team. But there also may be an open man on the wing I can swing it to for a basket that would give him confidence. In the long run, that can benefit our team more.”
You can read the full profile here.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)