Jan 9, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
One of the freshmen who has been on the receiving end of a great deal of praise this season is Arizona forward Aaron Gordon, who’s currently averaging 12.4 points and 8.0 rebounds per game for the nation’s top-ranked team. The Wildcats visit UCLA on Thursday night in one of the day’s best games, with Arizona looking to reverse its fortunes against a program that won all three meetings last season.
Clearly Gordon’s going to be an important participant in the game, and the good thing about the freshman for Arizona fans is that the San Jose native has yet to reach his full potential. In a story written by Jason King of Bleacher Report, Gordon’s path to this point is discussed as are the things that motivate him the most: being a good teammate and winning.
“It’s hard to find that balance of being a great teammate and a great scorer,” Gordon said. “There are times when I have the ball and I’m thinking, ‘I can get by my man. I can get in the lane. I can make something happen.’
“Sometimes I probably should do it. It would benefit our team. But there also may be an open man on the wing I can swing it to for a basket that would give him confidence. In the long run, that can benefit our team more.”
You can read the full profile here.
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)