Jan 9, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
One of the freshmen who has been on the receiving end of a great deal of praise this season is Arizona forward Aaron Gordon, who’s currently averaging 12.4 points and 8.0 rebounds per game for the nation’s top-ranked team. The Wildcats visit UCLA on Thursday night in one of the day’s best games, with Arizona looking to reverse its fortunes against a program that won all three meetings last season.
Clearly Gordon’s going to be an important participant in the game, and the good thing about the freshman for Arizona fans is that the San Jose native has yet to reach his full potential. In a story written by Jason King of Bleacher Report, Gordon’s path to this point is discussed as are the things that motivate him the most: being a good teammate and winning.
“It’s hard to find that balance of being a great teammate and a great scorer,” Gordon said. “There are times when I have the ball and I’m thinking, ‘I can get by my man. I can get in the lane. I can make something happen.’
“Sometimes I probably should do it. It would benefit our team. But there also may be an open man on the wing I can swing it to for a basket that would give him confidence. In the long run, that can benefit our team more.”
You can read the full profile here.
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener (2)