Jan 9, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
One of the freshmen who has been on the receiving end of a great deal of praise this season is Arizona forward Aaron Gordon, who’s currently averaging 12.4 points and 8.0 rebounds per game for the nation’s top-ranked team. The Wildcats visit UCLA on Thursday night in one of the day’s best games, with Arizona looking to reverse its fortunes against a program that won all three meetings last season.
Clearly Gordon’s going to be an important participant in the game, and the good thing about the freshman for Arizona fans is that the San Jose native has yet to reach his full potential. In a story written by Jason King of Bleacher Report, Gordon’s path to this point is discussed as are the things that motivate him the most: being a good teammate and winning.
“It’s hard to find that balance of being a great teammate and a great scorer,” Gordon said. “There are times when I have the ball and I’m thinking, ‘I can get by my man. I can get in the lane. I can make something happen.’
“Sometimes I probably should do it. It would benefit our team. But there also may be an open man on the wing I can swing it to for a basket that would give him confidence. In the long run, that can benefit our team more.”
You can read the full profile here.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)