Jan 9, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
Jermaine Lawrence, the prize of Mick Cronin’s 2013 recruiting class, will be out indefinitely with a toe injury.
The injury happened in the second half of Monday’s win over Memphis. Lawrence sat out Tuesday night’s win at Houston, and it’s unclear just how much time he will miss. The news was first reported by Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
On the season, Lawrence — who was the No. 26 recruit in the country, according to Rivals — is averaging 4.2 points and 3.3 boards coming off the bench.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)