Jan 9, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
Jermaine Lawrence, the prize of Mick Cronin’s 2013 recruiting class, will be out indefinitely with a toe injury.
The injury happened in the second half of Monday’s win over Memphis. Lawrence sat out Tuesday night’s win at Houston, and it’s unclear just how much time he will miss. The news was first reported by Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
On the season, Lawrence — who was the No. 26 recruit in the country, according to Rivals — is averaging 4.2 points and 3.3 boards coming off the bench.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)