Jan 9, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
Jermaine Lawrence, the prize of Mick Cronin’s 2013 recruiting class, will be out indefinitely with a toe injury.
The injury happened in the second half of Monday’s win over Memphis. Lawrence sat out Tuesday night’s win at Houston, and it’s unclear just how much time he will miss. The news was first reported by Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
On the season, Lawrence — who was the No. 26 recruit in the country, according to Rivals — is averaging 4.2 points and 3.3 boards coming off the bench.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)