Jan 9, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
Jermaine Lawrence, the prize of Mick Cronin’s 2013 recruiting class, will be out indefinitely with a toe injury.
The injury happened in the second half of Monday’s win over Memphis. Lawrence sat out Tuesday night’s win at Houston, and it’s unclear just how much time he will miss. The news was first reported by Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
On the season, Lawrence — who was the No. 26 recruit in the country, according to Rivals — is averaging 4.2 points and 3.3 boards coming off the bench.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)