Jan 9, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
Jermaine Lawrence, the prize of Mick Cronin’s 2013 recruiting class, will be out indefinitely with a toe injury.
The injury happened in the second half of Monday’s win over Memphis. Lawrence sat out Tuesday night’s win at Houston, and it’s unclear just how much time he will miss. The news was first reported by Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
On the season, Lawrence — who was the No. 26 recruit in the country, according to Rivals — is averaging 4.2 points and 3.3 boards coming off the bench.
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 5
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 9
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- Duke’s Jabari Parker will discuss options with Mike Krzyzewski next week 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (8)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)