Jan 9, 2014, 11:11 PM EST
With Eugene Teague and Aaron Geramipoor both being seniors, Seton Hall was in the market for one more big man to complete their 2014 recruiting class. Kevin Willard found that piece on Thursday, as it was first reported by PirateCrew.com that 7-foot-2 Northwestern transfer Chier Ajou has decided to join the Big East program.
Ajou didn’t see much playing time during his stint at Northwestern, playing in seven games as a freshman and just one this season under new head coach Chris Collins. With that being the case, it’s difficult to truly gauge what kind of impact Ajou can have at Seton Hall. But given how many injuries the program’s had to deal with during Willard’s tenure in South Orange, adding another body to the program doesn’t hurt.
Seton Hall has five players joining the program next season in one of the nation’s better recruiting classes, led by guard Isaiah Whitehead and power forward Angel Delgado. Ajou is expected to be eligible to play after the completion of the Fall 2014 semester. In addition to Geramipoor and Teague the Pirates will also lose wings Fuquan Edwin and Brian Oliver at the end of this season, and they’ve already lost Tom Maayan.
Maayan was forced to return to his native Israel in order to complete his three-year military requirement.
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 3
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)