Jan 9, 2014, 11:11 PM EDT
With Eugene Teague and Aaron Geramipoor both being seniors, Seton Hall was in the market for one more big man to complete their 2014 recruiting class. Kevin Willard found that piece on Thursday, as it was first reported by PirateCrew.com that 7-foot-2 Northwestern transfer Chier Ajou has decided to join the Big East program.
Ajou didn’t see much playing time during his stint at Northwestern, playing in seven games as a freshman and just one this season under new head coach Chris Collins. With that being the case, it’s difficult to truly gauge what kind of impact Ajou can have at Seton Hall. But given how many injuries the program’s had to deal with during Willard’s tenure in South Orange, adding another body to the program doesn’t hurt.
Seton Hall has five players joining the program next season in one of the nation’s better recruiting classes, led by guard Isaiah Whitehead and power forward Angel Delgado. Ajou is expected to be eligible to play after the completion of the Fall 2014 semester. In addition to Geramipoor and Teague the Pirates will also lose wings Fuquan Edwin and Brian Oliver at the end of this season, and they’ve already lost Tom Maayan.
Maayan was forced to return to his native Israel in order to complete his three-year military requirement.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)