Jan 9, 2014, 11:11 PM EDT
With Eugene Teague and Aaron Geramipoor both being seniors, Seton Hall was in the market for one more big man to complete their 2014 recruiting class. Kevin Willard found that piece on Thursday, as it was first reported by PirateCrew.com that 7-foot-2 Northwestern transfer Chier Ajou has decided to join the Big East program.
Ajou didn’t see much playing time during his stint at Northwestern, playing in seven games as a freshman and just one this season under new head coach Chris Collins. With that being the case, it’s difficult to truly gauge what kind of impact Ajou can have at Seton Hall. But given how many injuries the program’s had to deal with during Willard’s tenure in South Orange, adding another body to the program doesn’t hurt.
Seton Hall has five players joining the program next season in one of the nation’s better recruiting classes, led by guard Isaiah Whitehead and power forward Angel Delgado. Ajou is expected to be eligible to play after the completion of the Fall 2014 semester. In addition to Geramipoor and Teague the Pirates will also lose wings Fuquan Edwin and Brian Oliver at the end of this season, and they’ve already lost Tom Maayan.
Maayan was forced to return to his native Israel in order to complete his three-year military requirement.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)