Jan 9, 2014, 11:11 PM EST
With Eugene Teague and Aaron Geramipoor both being seniors, Seton Hall was in the market for one more big man to complete their 2014 recruiting class. Kevin Willard found that piece on Thursday, as it was first reported by PirateCrew.com that 7-foot-2 Northwestern transfer Chier Ajou has decided to join the Big East program.
Ajou didn’t see much playing time during his stint at Northwestern, playing in seven games as a freshman and just one this season under new head coach Chris Collins. With that being the case, it’s difficult to truly gauge what kind of impact Ajou can have at Seton Hall. But given how many injuries the program’s had to deal with during Willard’s tenure in South Orange, adding another body to the program doesn’t hurt.
Seton Hall has five players joining the program next season in one of the nation’s better recruiting classes, led by guard Isaiah Whitehead and power forward Angel Delgado. Ajou is expected to be eligible to play after the completion of the Fall 2014 semester. In addition to Geramipoor and Teague the Pirates will also lose wings Fuquan Edwin and Brian Oliver at the end of this season, and they’ve already lost Tom Maayan.
Maayan was forced to return to his native Israel in order to complete his three-year military requirement.
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)