Jan 9, 2014, 11:11 PM EDT
With Eugene Teague and Aaron Geramipoor both being seniors, Seton Hall was in the market for one more big man to complete their 2014 recruiting class. Kevin Willard found that piece on Thursday, as it was first reported by PirateCrew.com that 7-foot-2 Northwestern transfer Chier Ajou has decided to join the Big East program.
Ajou didn’t see much playing time during his stint at Northwestern, playing in seven games as a freshman and just one this season under new head coach Chris Collins. With that being the case, it’s difficult to truly gauge what kind of impact Ajou can have at Seton Hall. But given how many injuries the program’s had to deal with during Willard’s tenure in South Orange, adding another body to the program doesn’t hurt.
Seton Hall has five players joining the program next season in one of the nation’s better recruiting classes, led by guard Isaiah Whitehead and power forward Angel Delgado. Ajou is expected to be eligible to play after the completion of the Fall 2014 semester. In addition to Geramipoor and Teague the Pirates will also lose wings Fuquan Edwin and Brian Oliver at the end of this season, and they’ve already lost Tom Maayan.
Maayan was forced to return to his native Israel in order to complete his three-year military requirement.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)