Jan 11, 2014, 10:18 AM EDT
If you’ve seen the unbeaten Arizona Wildcats this season, then you’ll know that they’re stocked with talented players and an abundance of former McDonald’s All-Americans. Head coach Sean Miller and the Wildcats continued to stockpile elite talent from the West Coast as five-star guard Tyler Dorsey committed to Arizona on Friday night.
The 6-foot-4 Dorsey is a native of Los Angeles and attends St. John Bosco High School and is regarded by Rivals as the No. 5 player in the 2015 national class. In a class loaded with elite big men, for Arizona to nab a guard of Dorsey’s quality is a huge early recruiting grab. The versatile Dorsey can play both guard spots and can really score if he’s asked to shoulder that burden.
This is Arizona’s first commitment in the 2015 class and Sean Miller has done a tremendous job of recruiting the state of California, where he has landed impact players including Grant Jerrett, Brandon Ashley, Aaron Gordon, current high school senior Stanley Johnson and now Dorsey.
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)