Jan 11, 2014, 10:18 AM EST
If you’ve seen the unbeaten Arizona Wildcats this season, then you’ll know that they’re stocked with talented players and an abundance of former McDonald’s All-Americans. Head coach Sean Miller and the Wildcats continued to stockpile elite talent from the West Coast as five-star guard Tyler Dorsey committed to Arizona on Friday night.
The 6-foot-4 Dorsey is a native of Los Angeles and attends St. John Bosco High School and is regarded by Rivals as the No. 5 player in the 2015 national class. In a class loaded with elite big men, for Arizona to nab a guard of Dorsey’s quality is a huge early recruiting grab. The versatile Dorsey can play both guard spots and can really score if he’s asked to shoulder that burden.
This is Arizona’s first commitment in the 2015 class and Sean Miller has done a tremendous job of recruiting the state of California, where he has landed impact players including Grant Jerrett, Brandon Ashley, Aaron Gordon, current high school senior Stanley Johnson and now Dorsey.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 11 Wichita State, No. 19 Baylor among winners in games matching ranked teams 0
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- Bubble Banter: St. John’s with a huge win, N.C. State with an ugly loss 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)