Jan 11, 2014, 10:18 AM EDT
If you’ve seen the unbeaten Arizona Wildcats this season, then you’ll know that they’re stocked with talented players and an abundance of former McDonald’s All-Americans. Head coach Sean Miller and the Wildcats continued to stockpile elite talent from the West Coast as five-star guard Tyler Dorsey committed to Arizona on Friday night.
The 6-foot-4 Dorsey is a native of Los Angeles and attends St. John Bosco High School and is regarded by Rivals as the No. 5 player in the 2015 national class. In a class loaded with elite big men, for Arizona to nab a guard of Dorsey’s quality is a huge early recruiting grab. The versatile Dorsey can play both guard spots and can really score if he’s asked to shoulder that burden.
This is Arizona’s first commitment in the 2015 class and Sean Miller has done a tremendous job of recruiting the state of California, where he has landed impact players including Grant Jerrett, Brandon Ashley, Aaron Gordon, current high school senior Stanley Johnson and now Dorsey.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)