Jan 11, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
One week ago Dan Hurley’s Rhode Island Rams picked up one of the biggest victories of his short tenure in Kingston, knocking off LSU in Baton Rouge. This Saturday the Rams were in search of another road victory, this one coming at George Washington against a surprising Colonials squad that also entered the game with an 0-1 Atlantic 10 record.
Unfortunately for URI, George Washington sprinted out of the gates and essentially ended the game by halftime, taking a 39-13 lead into the break and winning 69-56 at the Charles E. Smith Center. Mike Lonergan’s team led by as many as 32 points, with a rejuvenated Kevin Larsen tying his career-high with 17 points. That effort comes just two days after he shot 3-for-10 in George Washington’s 76-72 loss at La Salle on Thursday night.
Larsen shot 8-for-10 against Rhode Island, leading four Colonials in double figures on the afternoon. George Washington was able to dominate despite shooting 1-for-11 from beyond the arc, making up for that deficiency by shooting 57.1% inside of the arc. Hassan Martin paced the Rams with 16 points, ten rebounds and two blocked shots.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)