Jan 11, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
One week ago Dan Hurley’s Rhode Island Rams picked up one of the biggest victories of his short tenure in Kingston, knocking off LSU in Baton Rouge. This Saturday the Rams were in search of another road victory, this one coming at George Washington against a surprising Colonials squad that also entered the game with an 0-1 Atlantic 10 record.
Unfortunately for URI, George Washington sprinted out of the gates and essentially ended the game by halftime, taking a 39-13 lead into the break and winning 69-56 at the Charles E. Smith Center. Mike Lonergan’s team led by as many as 32 points, with a rejuvenated Kevin Larsen tying his career-high with 17 points. That effort comes just two days after he shot 3-for-10 in George Washington’s 76-72 loss at La Salle on Thursday night.
Larsen shot 8-for-10 against Rhode Island, leading four Colonials in double figures on the afternoon. George Washington was able to dominate despite shooting 1-for-11 from beyond the arc, making up for that deficiency by shooting 57.1% inside of the arc. Hassan Martin paced the Rams with 16 points, ten rebounds and two blocked shots.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)