Jan 11, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
One week ago Dan Hurley’s Rhode Island Rams picked up one of the biggest victories of his short tenure in Kingston, knocking off LSU in Baton Rouge. This Saturday the Rams were in search of another road victory, this one coming at George Washington against a surprising Colonials squad that also entered the game with an 0-1 Atlantic 10 record.
Unfortunately for URI, George Washington sprinted out of the gates and essentially ended the game by halftime, taking a 39-13 lead into the break and winning 69-56 at the Charles E. Smith Center. Mike Lonergan’s team led by as many as 32 points, with a rejuvenated Kevin Larsen tying his career-high with 17 points. That effort comes just two days after he shot 3-for-10 in George Washington’s 76-72 loss at La Salle on Thursday night.
Larsen shot 8-for-10 against Rhode Island, leading four Colonials in double figures on the afternoon. George Washington was able to dominate despite shooting 1-for-11 from beyond the arc, making up for that deficiency by shooting 57.1% inside of the arc. Hassan Martin paced the Rams with 16 points, ten rebounds and two blocked shots.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)