Jan 11, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
Wagner avenged a loss in the semifinals of last season’s NEC tournament with an 84-70 win over LIU Brooklyn on Saturday afternoon, with a 14-2 second half run giving the Seahawks a 17-point lead with 6:53 remaining. One of the big plays during that run was an alley-oop, with guard Latif Rivers throwing a pass off the backboard to high-flying guard Dwaun Anderson.
The dunk wasn’t challenged by an LIU player but rather teammate Marcus Burton, who apparently was unaware that the 6-foot-4 sophomore was in the area. Lesson learned.
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 4
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 8
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (10)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)