Jan 11, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
Wagner avenged a loss in the semifinals of last season’s NEC tournament with an 84-70 win over LIU Brooklyn on Saturday afternoon, with a 14-2 second half run giving the Seahawks a 17-point lead with 6:53 remaining. One of the big plays during that run was an alley-oop, with guard Latif Rivers throwing a pass off the backboard to high-flying guard Dwaun Anderson.
The dunk wasn’t challenged by an LIU player but rather teammate Marcus Burton, who apparently was unaware that the 6-foot-4 sophomore was in the area. Lesson learned.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 5
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)