Jan 11, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
Wagner avenged a loss in the semifinals of last season’s NEC tournament with an 84-70 win over LIU Brooklyn on Saturday afternoon, with a 14-2 second half run giving the Seahawks a 17-point lead with 6:53 remaining. One of the big plays during that run was an alley-oop, with guard Latif Rivers throwing a pass off the backboard to high-flying guard Dwaun Anderson.
The dunk wasn’t challenged by an LIU player but rather teammate Marcus Burton, who apparently was unaware that the 6-foot-4 sophomore was in the area. Lesson learned.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)