Jan 11, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
Wagner avenged a loss in the semifinals of last season’s NEC tournament with an 84-70 win over LIU Brooklyn on Saturday afternoon, with a 14-2 second half run giving the Seahawks a 17-point lead with 6:53 remaining. One of the big plays during that run was an alley-oop, with guard Latif Rivers throwing a pass off the backboard to high-flying guard Dwaun Anderson.
The dunk wasn’t challenged by an LIU player but rather teammate Marcus Burton, who apparently was unaware that the 6-foot-4 sophomore was in the area. Lesson learned.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)