Jan 11, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
Wagner avenged a loss in the semifinals of last season’s NEC tournament with an 84-70 win over LIU Brooklyn on Saturday afternoon, with a 14-2 second half run giving the Seahawks a 17-point lead with 6:53 remaining. One of the big plays during that run was an alley-oop, with guard Latif Rivers throwing a pass off the backboard to high-flying guard Dwaun Anderson.
The dunk wasn’t challenged by an LIU player but rather teammate Marcus Burton, who apparently was unaware that the 6-foot-4 sophomore was in the area. Lesson learned.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 1
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)