Jan 12, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
There were plenty of good games to keep you busy on Saturday. One of the best games you may have missed was a mid-major clash between two teams in the Colonial Athletic Association.
Northeastern guard Demetrius Pollard (19 points, five assists, four rebounds) hit a buzzer-beating 3-pointer to force overtime. Then in the extra frame, tied the score again with an old-fashion three-point play with 30 seconds to go to force double overtime.
Not to be outdone, sixth-year guard Chris Fouch drilled a deep three from the wing with under 35 seconds left in the second overtime to put the Dragons up six, and ice a 93-86 win. The clutch shot was three of his game-high 31 points.
“I talked to [Fouch] today,” Drexel head coach Bruiser Flint said. “I told him he wasn’t coming down on his shot like he was supposed to. His follow-through was crooked. He missed every shot in the shootaround this morning.
“But then he was back to being himself. And that shows you what kind of kid he is. He got 30 points on 15 shots, and the way he was shooting them, he shot them like, ‘OK, look, these are going in.’”
Drexel was projected as a No. 15 seed in College Basketball Talk Bracketology’s first bracket of the season.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)