Jan 12, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
There were plenty of good games to keep you busy on Saturday. One of the best games you may have missed was a mid-major clash between two teams in the Colonial Athletic Association.
Northeastern guard Demetrius Pollard (19 points, five assists, four rebounds) hit a buzzer-beating 3-pointer to force overtime. Then in the extra frame, tied the score again with an old-fashion three-point play with 30 seconds to go to force double overtime.
Not to be outdone, sixth-year guard Chris Fouch drilled a deep three from the wing with under 35 seconds left in the second overtime to put the Dragons up six, and ice a 93-86 win. The clutch shot was three of his game-high 31 points.
“I talked to [Fouch] today,” Drexel head coach Bruiser Flint said. “I told him he wasn’t coming down on his shot like he was supposed to. His follow-through was crooked. He missed every shot in the shootaround this morning.
“But then he was back to being himself. And that shows you what kind of kid he is. He got 30 points on 15 shots, and the way he was shooting them, he shot them like, ‘OK, look, these are going in.’”
Drexel was projected as a No. 15 seed in College Basketball Talk Bracketology’s first bracket of the season.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)