Jan 12, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
No. 9 Iowa State, days after picking up a big home win against No. 7 Baylor, fell from the ranks of the unbeaten on Saturday afternoon with an 87-82 road loss to Oklahoma.
But bigger problems for the Cyclones is senior guard DeAndre Kane, averaging 16.5 points, 7.3 rebounds and 6.1 assists per game on the year, went down with an ankle injury in the game’s final minute after he drove to the bucket. Iowa State has Sunday off before hosting No. 18 Kansas, which knocked off No. 25 Kansas State on Saturday behind 22 points from Andrew Wiggins, on Monday night inside Hilton Coliseum.
Kane’s status for that game is uncertain, according to Travis Hines of the Ames Tribune.
“It’s hurting really bad,” Kane told Hines. “It’s throbbing. It’ll probably swell up on the plane ride back home. We’ll see how it feels in the next two days.
“I for sure want to play. I’ll do whatever I can to get out get out on the court with my brothers.”
UPDATE: Kane is a gametime decision for Monday night.
Iowa State game notes for Kansas say DeAndre Kane (ankle) will be a gameday decision tomorrow.
— Travis Hines (@TravisHines21) January 12, 2014
Iowa State can’t afford to lose Kane for any sort of time this season, and this ankle sprain comes at the worst possible time for the Cyclones. From Jan. 13-Feb. 3 Iowa State has games against KU, at Texas, vs. K-State, at Kansas, a rematch against OU and against Oklahoma State in Stillwater.
Mar 29, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
Chris Mullin has zero head coaching experience.
Mar 29, 2015, 10:33 PM EDT
George Mason had parted ways with Paul Hewitt earlier this month.
Mar 29, 2015, 9:48 PM EDT
The former St. Bonaventure guard had previously completed his Bachelor’s degree.
Mar 29, 2015, 8:36 PM EDT
Michigan State knocked of Louisville in the Elite Eight on Sunday.
Mar 29, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
40-0, Izzo, Coach K, Bo Ryan, Wisconsin-UK, Duke-UK? Let’s get it.
Mar 29, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Three one-seeds have made it to the Final Four, with No. 7 Michigan State being the exception.
Mar 29, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Duke is the third No. 1 seed to reach Indianapolis.
Mar 29, 2015, 6:56 PM EDT
Duryea has been with the program for 14 seasons.
Mar 29, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
We now know who plays when during the Final Four.
Mar 29, 2015, 6:04 PM EDT
Hurley just completed his third season with the Rams.
Mar 29, 2015, 5:02 PM EDT
This is the first Final Four Michigan State has been to since 2009.
Mar 29, 2015, 2:24 PM EDT
Dave Leitao is the leading candidate to become the head coach at DePaul for a second time.
Mar 29, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Five-star big man Ivan Rabb makes a clutch free throw to win a California state title.
Mar 29, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Wisconsin and Kentucky get to play again after last season’s thrilling National Semifinal.
Mar 29, 2015, 8:37 AM EDT
The label of “best coach yet to reach a Final Four” will remain Miller’s for another offseason, whether that’s fair or not.
Mar 28, 2015, 11:07 PM EDT
The Wildcats knocked off a tough Notre Dame team.
Mar 28, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
Dekker scored 20 of his 27 points in the second half at Wisconsin beat Arizona in the Elite Eight for the second straight year.
Mar 28, 2015, 8:34 PM EDT
Frank got a little funky after Wisconsin’s win over Arizona.
Mar 28, 2015, 8:27 PM EDT
This is too funny.
Mar 28, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Barnes coached at Texas for 17 seasons.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (75)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)