Jan 12, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 20 Iowa vs. No. 3 Ohio State, 1:30 p.m. (CBS)
The Hawkeyes travel to Columbus to take on the Buckeyes in a battle between two top 20 teams in an early Big Ten Conference clash. Iowa has lost three games — Villanova, Iowa State and Wisconsin — and in each of those games blew second half leads. Ohio State trailed by 17 points against No. 5 Michigan State, in East Lansing, on Tuesday night. But Thad Matta’s club was able to force overtime before 3-pointers from Kenny Kaminski, Adreian Payne and Keith Appling.
WHO’S GETTING UPSET? Washington over No. 15 Colorado, 3 p.m. (Fox Sports 1)
The Huskies, who have won four of five games — that only loss coming to top-ranked Arizona — welcome No. 15 Colorado on Sunday. The Buffaloes are coming off a less than stellar performance against Washington State in an overtime win.
MID-MAJOR GAME OF THE DAY: Green Bay vs. Milwaukee, 2 p.m.
The two top teams in the Horizon League meet in Milwaukee on Sunday afternoon. Green Bay, led by Kiefer Sykes’ 19.6 points per game, have three losses on the season — a three-point loss to Wisconsin and against Harvard — while knocking off Virginia at home. Milwaukee is 2-1 in conference play after losing to Cleveland State.
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
1) Louisville hosts SMU. The Cards are 2-2 in their last four games with those losses coming to Kentucky and Memphis. The Mustangs are coming off a win over UConn.
2) The Ducks were undefeated. But thanks to Colorado and Cal, they are trying to avoid a third straight loss against Stanford. The Cardinal have also lost two consecutive conference games. Will Oregon or Stanford get a much-needed win?
3) Iowa State suffered its first loss. Wichita State came back from 19 down to remain unbeaten while Syracuse stayed perfect as well. No. 1 Arizona looks to remain on the dwindling list of unbeatens on the road against USC.
4) San Diego State has a tough Mountain West test on the road against Air Force. Is Tre’ Coggins enough to lead the Falcons over the Aztecs talented frontline?
5) Saturday was jam-packed with ACC games. North Carolina, Duke and Notre Dame all lost while Pitt and Virginia both picked up W’s. There’s only one conference game on Sunday is between Maryland and Florida State. If the Terrapins win they move into fourth place. If the Seminoles win they share the fourth spot with Clemson.
THE REST OF THE TOP 25:
- No. 1 Arizona vs. USC, 9 p.m. (Pac-12 Network)
- SMU vs. No. 12 Louisville, 1 p.m. (CBS Sports Network)
- No. 13 San Diego State vs. Air Force, 4 p.m. (ESPN3)
- Stanford vs. No. 17 Oregon, 5 p.m. (Fox Sports 1)
- No. 23 Illinois vs. Northwestern, 7:30 p.m. (Big Ten Network)
- Nebraska vs. Purdue, 12 p.m. (Big Ten Network)
- Southern Miss vs. Tulsa, 1 p.m.
- Monmouth vs. Canisius, 2 p.m.
- Iona vs. Siena, 2 p.m.
- Xavier vs. Creighton, 3 p.m. (CBS Sports Network)
- Akron vs. Ohio, 6 p.m. (ESPN3)
- Utah vs. Washington State, 7 p.m. (Pac-12 Network)
- Maryland vs. Florida State, 8 p.m. (ESPNU)
- Arizona State vs. UCLA, 10 p.m. (ESPNU)
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)