Jan 12, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 20 Iowa vs. No. 3 Ohio State, 1:30 p.m. (CBS)
The Hawkeyes travel to Columbus to take on the Buckeyes in a battle between two top 20 teams in an early Big Ten Conference clash. Iowa has lost three games — Villanova, Iowa State and Wisconsin — and in each of those games blew second half leads. Ohio State trailed by 17 points against No. 5 Michigan State, in East Lansing, on Tuesday night. But Thad Matta’s club was able to force overtime before 3-pointers from Kenny Kaminski, Adreian Payne and Keith Appling.
WHO’S GETTING UPSET? Washington over No. 15 Colorado, 3 p.m. (Fox Sports 1)
The Huskies, who have won four of five games — that only loss coming to top-ranked Arizona — welcome No. 15 Colorado on Sunday. The Buffaloes are coming off a less than stellar performance against Washington State in an overtime win.
MID-MAJOR GAME OF THE DAY: Green Bay vs. Milwaukee, 2 p.m.
The two top teams in the Horizon League meet in Milwaukee on Sunday afternoon. Green Bay, led by Kiefer Sykes’ 19.6 points per game, have three losses on the season — a three-point loss to Wisconsin and against Harvard — while knocking off Virginia at home. Milwaukee is 2-1 in conference play after losing to Cleveland State.
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
1) Louisville hosts SMU. The Cards are 2-2 in their last four games with those losses coming to Kentucky and Memphis. The Mustangs are coming off a win over UConn.
2) The Ducks were undefeated. But thanks to Colorado and Cal, they are trying to avoid a third straight loss against Stanford. The Cardinal have also lost two consecutive conference games. Will Oregon or Stanford get a much-needed win?
3) Iowa State suffered its first loss. Wichita State came back from 19 down to remain unbeaten while Syracuse stayed perfect as well. No. 1 Arizona looks to remain on the dwindling list of unbeatens on the road against USC.
4) San Diego State has a tough Mountain West test on the road against Air Force. Is Tre’ Coggins enough to lead the Falcons over the Aztecs talented frontline?
5) Saturday was jam-packed with ACC games. North Carolina, Duke and Notre Dame all lost while Pitt and Virginia both picked up W’s. There’s only one conference game on Sunday is between Maryland and Florida State. If the Terrapins win they move into fourth place. If the Seminoles win they share the fourth spot with Clemson.
THE REST OF THE TOP 25:
- No. 1 Arizona vs. USC, 9 p.m. (Pac-12 Network)
- SMU vs. No. 12 Louisville, 1 p.m. (CBS Sports Network)
- No. 13 San Diego State vs. Air Force, 4 p.m. (ESPN3)
- Stanford vs. No. 17 Oregon, 5 p.m. (Fox Sports 1)
- No. 23 Illinois vs. Northwestern, 7:30 p.m. (Big Ten Network)
- Nebraska vs. Purdue, 12 p.m. (Big Ten Network)
- Southern Miss vs. Tulsa, 1 p.m.
- Monmouth vs. Canisius, 2 p.m.
- Iona vs. Siena, 2 p.m.
- Xavier vs. Creighton, 3 p.m. (CBS Sports Network)
- Akron vs. Ohio, 6 p.m. (ESPN3)
- Utah vs. Washington State, 7 p.m. (Pac-12 Network)
- Maryland vs. Florida State, 8 p.m. (ESPNU)
- Arizona State vs. UCLA, 10 p.m. (ESPNU)
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1