Jan 13, 2014, 12:23 PM EST
Casey Prather has been one of the most surprising players in the country this season, entering a starring role as a senior on what has proven to be a very good Florida team.
But Prather’s also had a penchant for getting nicked up the last couple of seasons, and this year is no different.
Billy Donovan told reporters on Monday morning that Prather will miss his second straight game with a bone bruise in his right knee. Florida plays Georgia on Tuesday. Prather, who averages a team-high 17.0 points this season, missed Saturday’s win at Arkansas, but Donovan did say that Prather was progressing.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 1
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (10)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)