Jan 13, 2014, 5:16 PM EDT
Colorado had its worst fears realized on Monday as ESPN.com’s Jeff Goodman reported that junior guard Spencer Dinwiddie has a torn ACL and will have surgery to repair it on Tuesday. Dinwiddie suffered the injury during Colorado’s loss on Sunday to Washington.
This news obviously means that Dinwiddie is done for the rest of the season and this is a huge loss for No. 21 Colorado, as the Buffaloes were hoping to compete for a Pac-12 title and make a run in the NCAA Tournament.
How big is the loss of the 6-foot-6 Dinwiddie to the Buffaloes? Dinwiddie led the team in minutes, points, assists, steals, free throw percentage and three-point percentage as he averaged 14.7 points, 3.1 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 1.5 steals per game in 17 games this season.
Colorado was off to a 14-3 start with Dinwiddie, who was shooting tremendous percentages from every area of the floor — 46 percent field goal, 85 percent free throw and 41 percent three-point percentage — during his junior season.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)