Jan 13, 2014, 5:16 PM EDT
Colorado had its worst fears realized on Monday as ESPN.com’s Jeff Goodman reported that junior guard Spencer Dinwiddie has a torn ACL and will have surgery to repair it on Tuesday. Dinwiddie suffered the injury during Colorado’s loss on Sunday to Washington.
This news obviously means that Dinwiddie is done for the rest of the season and this is a huge loss for No. 21 Colorado, as the Buffaloes were hoping to compete for a Pac-12 title and make a run in the NCAA Tournament.
How big is the loss of the 6-foot-6 Dinwiddie to the Buffaloes? Dinwiddie led the team in minutes, points, assists, steals, free throw percentage and three-point percentage as he averaged 14.7 points, 3.1 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 1.5 steals per game in 17 games this season.
Colorado was off to a 14-3 start with Dinwiddie, who was shooting tremendous percentages from every area of the floor — 46 percent field goal, 85 percent free throw and 41 percent three-point percentage — during his junior season.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)