Jan 13, 2014, 5:16 PM EST
Colorado had its worst fears realized on Monday as ESPN.com’s Jeff Goodman reported that junior guard Spencer Dinwiddie has a torn ACL and will have surgery to repair it on Tuesday. Dinwiddie suffered the injury during Colorado’s loss on Sunday to Washington.
This news obviously means that Dinwiddie is done for the rest of the season and this is a huge loss for No. 21 Colorado, as the Buffaloes were hoping to compete for a Pac-12 title and make a run in the NCAA Tournament.
How big is the loss of the 6-foot-6 Dinwiddie to the Buffaloes? Dinwiddie led the team in minutes, points, assists, steals, free throw percentage and three-point percentage as he averaged 14.7 points, 3.1 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 1.5 steals per game in 17 games this season.
Colorado was off to a 14-3 start with Dinwiddie, who was shooting tremendous percentages from every area of the floor — 46 percent field goal, 85 percent free throw and 41 percent three-point percentage — during his junior season.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)