Jan 13, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
The biggest news of the college hoops weekend had to do with injuries.
Casey Prather of Florida missed Saturday’s game with Arkansas. Colorado’s Spencer Dinwiddie injured his knee on Sunday night against Washington. And, of course, there was Iowa State’s all-american candidate Deandre Kane getting carried off the court after rolling his left ankle at the end of the Cyclone’s loss to Oklahoma.
Iowa State takes on Kansas tonight, and according to head coach Fred Hoiberg, Kane will very much be a game-time decision.
“I’ve been messaging with him this morning and he will be in soon for treatment,” he told reporters on a Big 12 conference call on Monday morning. “He wakes up sore, and that’s normal. We’ll see. The big thing is, seeing if he can run, and more importantly, seeing if he can cut. We’ll take a cautious approach.”
Kane didn’t practice on Sunday, and the biggest concern that the Iowa State staff has in regards to Kane’s ankle is how effective he’ll be. According to Jeff Borzello of CBSSports.com, there’s a “good chance” that Kane suits up, but that doesn’t mean that he’ll be the same guy that went for 30 points, nine assists, eight boards and five steals against Baylor.
If Kane is ineffective or doesn’t play, freshman Monte Morris will get the call. Morris scored in double-figures in three straight games prior to Saturday’s loss and has been one of the more pleasant surprises in the Big 12 this season.
UPDATE, 6:00 p.m: According to Travis Hines of the Ames Tribune Deandre Kane will play against Kansas.
Mar 5, 2015, 12:00 PM EST
Can Wofford reach their second straight NCAA tournament?
Mar 5, 2015, 10:57 AM EST
Josh Speidel is still in the hospital as he deals with a serious brain injury stemming from a car accident last month.
Mar 5, 2015, 10:23 AM EST
This is nasty.
Mar 5, 2015, 9:51 AM EST
The catch: None of them were actually seniors.
Mar 5, 2015, 8:53 AM EST
These eight teams can steal an automatic bid in conferences that will get at-large bids.
Mar 5, 2015, 1:22 AM EST
Neither the Panthers nor the Tigers did themselves any favors Wednesday night, with Pittsburgh’s home loss being the costlier of the two defeats.
Mar 4, 2015, 11:59 PM EST
All of Wednesday’s relevant bubble info can be found right here.
Joe O’Shea’s off-balance three-pointer forces overtime in Bryant’s double OT win over Sacred Heart (VIDEO)
Mar 4, 2015, 11:34 PM EST
Thanks to O’Shea the Bulldogs advanced to the NEC semifinals, where they’ll take on Robert Morris.
Mar 4, 2015, 11:22 PM EST
That didn’t take long.
Mar 4, 2015, 9:38 PM EST
Colson and Demetrius Jackson scored 11 second-half points apiece in Notre Dame’s win at Louisville.
Mar 4, 2015, 9:03 PM EST
D’Angelo Russell scored 28 to lead the Buckeyes, but none of his points were wilder than the two scored by Thompson on this play.
Mar 4, 2015, 5:59 PM EST
Kentucky head coach John Calipari is one of 15 coaches still in contention for this honor.
Mar 4, 2015, 5:13 PM EST
Kaminsky is one of five seniors on the list, and Gonzaga is the only program with two representatives.
Mar 4, 2015, 4:20 PM EST
With the higher seeds hosting in the first three rounds of the Postseason NIT, the four one-seeds could potentially not leave campus before the semifinals at Madison Square Garden.
Mar 4, 2015, 3:40 PM EST
The most recent title odds from Bovada.
Mar 4, 2015, 2:25 PM EST
There are a lot of big bubbles games tonight.
Mar 4, 2015, 1:26 PM EST
These are the small league favorites that can win a game in the NCAA tournament.
Mar 4, 2015, 11:51 AM EST
Hank Gathers died on the court during the WCC tournament.
Mar 4, 2015, 10:42 AM EST
Perry Ellis suffered a nasty looking knee injury last night.
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 0
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)