Jan 13, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
George Washington is off to an 8-0 start at home this season on their brand new court design at the Charles E. Smith Center that features some of Washington D.C.’s most iconic monuments.
Now, the Colonials will unveil some sick new threads for their Tuesday night Atlantic 10 contest against VCU that are also inspired by the architecture of our nation’s capital.
George Washington even has a hashtag to go along with the new jerseys, #MonumentalHomeCourAdvantage for social media purposes, as they look to improve to 14-3 on the season.
VCU also enters Tuesday’s contest at 13-3, but the Rams are 1-0 in the Atlantic 10 while George Washington sits at 1-1 in league play.
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)