Jan 13, 2014, 11:08 PM EST
After a back-and-forth first half that saw multiple lead changes and a 21-19 lead for Northeastern over the College of Charleston, the Cougars turned on the jets in the second half on their way to a 58-49 win Monday in a CAA conference victory.
Willis Hall paced the College of Charleston (10-8, 2-1) with 14 points and 13 rebounds to lead the way while Anthony Thomas led the Cougars with 16 points and also added nine rebounds, five assists and five steals. Northeastern (4-13, 1-2) struggled to shoot from the floor, shooting 36 percent from the field as Scott Eatherton led the Huskies with a game-high 19 points and 16 rebounds.
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 0
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)