Jan 13, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
After a back-and-forth first half that saw multiple lead changes and a 21-19 lead for Northeastern over the College of Charleston, the Cougars turned on the jets in the second half on their way to a 58-49 win Monday in a CAA conference victory.
Willis Hall paced the College of Charleston (10-8, 2-1) with 14 points and 13 rebounds to lead the way while Anthony Thomas led the Cougars with 16 points and also added nine rebounds, five assists and five steals. Northeastern (4-13, 1-2) struggled to shoot from the floor, shooting 36 percent from the field as Scott Eatherton led the Huskies with a game-high 19 points and 16 rebounds.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)