Jan 13, 2014, 1:41 PM EDT
Payne’s been dealing with plantar fasciitis all season long, and prior to the game against the Buckeyes, Payne sprained his right foot, the latest in a long line of injuries for Spartan players.
Tom Izzo said on Monday morning that the injury could end up keeping Payne out of the lineup for awhile, “until he is 100%”.
“I’ve got to look at the big picture for him,” Izzo said of Payne, a potential lottery pick, “and the big picture for us. … I do not see this lingering all year. Only if I let it, and I’m not gonna let it.”
Payne had 18 points in the win over Ohio State, but he sat out Saturday’s win over Minnesota. The Spartans play Northwestern and Illinois this week.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)