Jan 13, 2014, 1:41 PM EDT
Payne’s been dealing with plantar fasciitis all season long, and prior to the game against the Buckeyes, Payne sprained his right foot, the latest in a long line of injuries for Spartan players.
Tom Izzo said on Monday morning that the injury could end up keeping Payne out of the lineup for awhile, “until he is 100%”.
“I’ve got to look at the big picture for him,” Izzo said of Payne, a potential lottery pick, “and the big picture for us. … I do not see this lingering all year. Only if I let it, and I’m not gonna let it.”
Payne had 18 points in the win over Ohio State, but he sat out Saturday’s win over Minnesota. The Spartans play Northwestern and Illinois this week.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (4)