Jan 13, 2014, 1:41 PM EDT
Payne’s been dealing with plantar fasciitis all season long, and prior to the game against the Buckeyes, Payne sprained his right foot, the latest in a long line of injuries for Spartan players.
Tom Izzo said on Monday morning that the injury could end up keeping Payne out of the lineup for awhile, “until he is 100%”.
“I’ve got to look at the big picture for him,” Izzo said of Payne, a potential lottery pick, “and the big picture for us. … I do not see this lingering all year. Only if I let it, and I’m not gonna let it.”
Payne had 18 points in the win over Ohio State, but he sat out Saturday’s win over Minnesota. The Spartans play Northwestern and Illinois this week.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)