Jan 13, 2014, 1:41 PM EDT
Payne’s been dealing with plantar fasciitis all season long, and prior to the game against the Buckeyes, Payne sprained his right foot, the latest in a long line of injuries for Spartan players.
Tom Izzo said on Monday morning that the injury could end up keeping Payne out of the lineup for awhile, “until he is 100%”.
“I’ve got to look at the big picture for him,” Izzo said of Payne, a potential lottery pick, “and the big picture for us. … I do not see this lingering all year. Only if I let it, and I’m not gonna let it.”
Payne had 18 points in the win over Ohio State, but he sat out Saturday’s win over Minnesota. The Spartans play Northwestern and Illinois this week.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)