Jan 14, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
We are two weeks into the Pac-12 schedule, and Cal has already situated themselves in a great position to make a run at Arizona and the top spot in the conference.
The Bears are currently sitting at 3-0 in league play, the only team other than the Wildcats that is currently undefeated. They won all three of those games on the road as well, meaning that nine of the last 15 games they’ll play in conference will come at Haas Pavilion.
But the best news?
They won those three games despite being without Jabari Bird and Ricky Kreklow.
Bird is a talented, 6-foot-6 freshman that was averaging 11.3 points before spraining his ankle three weeks ago. He missed the last four games, but he returned to practice Monday and will be back in the lineup on Wednesday against Washington.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)