Jan 14, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
We are two weeks into the Pac-12 schedule, and Cal has already situated themselves in a great position to make a run at Arizona and the top spot in the conference.
The Bears are currently sitting at 3-0 in league play, the only team other than the Wildcats that is currently undefeated. They won all three of those games on the road as well, meaning that nine of the last 15 games they’ll play in conference will come at Haas Pavilion.
But the best news?
They won those three games despite being without Jabari Bird and Ricky Kreklow.
Bird is a talented, 6-foot-6 freshman that was averaging 11.3 points before spraining his ankle three weeks ago. He missed the last four games, but he returned to practice Monday and will be back in the lineup on Wednesday against Washington.
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 1
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was (5)