Jan 14, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
We are two weeks into the Pac-12 schedule, and Cal has already situated themselves in a great position to make a run at Arizona and the top spot in the conference.
The Bears are currently sitting at 3-0 in league play, the only team other than the Wildcats that is currently undefeated. They won all three of those games on the road as well, meaning that nine of the last 15 games they’ll play in conference will come at Haas Pavilion.
But the best news?
They won those three games despite being without Jabari Bird and Ricky Kreklow.
Bird is a talented, 6-foot-6 freshman that was averaging 11.3 points before spraining his ankle three weeks ago. He missed the last four games, but he returned to practice Monday and will be back in the lineup on Wednesday against Washington.
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 8
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)