Jan 14, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
We are two weeks into the Pac-12 schedule, and Cal has already situated themselves in a great position to make a run at Arizona and the top spot in the conference.
The Bears are currently sitting at 3-0 in league play, the only team other than the Wildcats that is currently undefeated. They won all three of those games on the road as well, meaning that nine of the last 15 games they’ll play in conference will come at Haas Pavilion.
But the best news?
They won those three games despite being without Jabari Bird and Ricky Kreklow.
Bird is a talented, 6-foot-6 freshman that was averaging 11.3 points before spraining his ankle three weeks ago. He missed the last four games, but he returned to practice Monday and will be back in the lineup on Wednesday against Washington.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)