Jan 14, 2014, 12:15 PM EST
We are two weeks into the Pac-12 schedule, and Cal has already situated themselves in a great position to make a run at Arizona and the top spot in the conference.
The Bears are currently sitting at 3-0 in league play, the only team other than the Wildcats that is currently undefeated. They won all three of those games on the road as well, meaning that nine of the last 15 games they’ll play in conference will come at Haas Pavilion.
But the best news?
They won those three games despite being without Jabari Bird and Ricky Kreklow.
Bird is a talented, 6-foot-6 freshman that was averaging 11.3 points before spraining his ankle three weeks ago. He missed the last four games, but he returned to practice Monday and will be back in the lineup on Wednesday against Washington.
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 1
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)