Jan 14, 2014, 7:46 PM EDT
Chris Walker is frustrated.
Billy Donovan is frustrated.
Now, it’s clear that Florida students are frustrated, too, with the NCAA’s handling of freshman forward Chris Walker’s eligibility.
In mid-December, Walker was officially accepted into Florida, but he hasn’t been granted eligibility by the NCAA, yet.
The NCAA is continuing to review Walker’s academic eligibility before making a ruling on whether he will be eligible or not. Since arriving on campus a month ago, Walker has only been allowed to practice with the team.
Considering Florida’s been an injury-riddled team for much of the year, having a talent like Walker in practice as another body certainly helps, but the Gators obviously need him on the floor in games. At the very least, he is growing as a player and becoming game-ready.
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 1
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 1
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 23
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)