Jan 14, 2014, 7:46 PM EDT
Chris Walker is frustrated.
Billy Donovan is frustrated.
Now, it’s clear that Florida students are frustrated, too, with the NCAA’s handling of freshman forward Chris Walker’s eligibility.
In mid-December, Walker was officially accepted into Florida, but he hasn’t been granted eligibility by the NCAA, yet.
The NCAA is continuing to review Walker’s academic eligibility before making a ruling on whether he will be eligible or not. Since arriving on campus a month ago, Walker has only been allowed to practice with the team.
Considering Florida’s been an injury-riddled team for much of the year, having a talent like Walker in practice as another body certainly helps, but the Gators obviously need him on the floor in games. At the very least, he is growing as a player and becoming game-ready.
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)