Jan 14, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 3 Wisconsin at Indiana, 7:00 p.m.
This is a huge game for the Hoosiers, who have put together a resume that needs quite a bit of work heading into the conference play. They are athletic, but outside of Yogi Ferrell, they just don’t have enough perimeter weapons. That’s something that the Badgers will take advantage of, as they are a very, very good defensive team. I still think Indiana is going to be good enough to make some noise in the Big Ten, but this will be a test for them.
WHO’S GETTING UPSET?: No. 13 Kentucky at Arkansas, 9:00 p.m.
The Razorbacks pressure full court for 40 minutes, making things very difficult for opposing ball-handlers. That works to their advantage playing in Bud Walton Arena, one of the toughest home court environments in the country. That’s a perfect combination for a young Kentucky team that will be playing arguably their toughest road game to date.
MID-MAJOR MATCHUP OF THE NIGHT: VCU at George Washington, 7:00 p.m.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, it’s not a mid-major game. I know. But it is a matchup between two of the best teams in the Atlantic 10. VCU has had some issues this season scoring the ball — they really need Melvin Johnson to embrace the role of the sharpshooter — but GW has had issues going against pressure. Forcing turnovers is what VCU does best.
SIX THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) An intriguing matchup taking place tonight in the Big 12, as No. 25 Oklahoma will put their first top 25 ranking of the season on the line when they head into the Octagon of Doom to take on Kansas State.
2) No. 5 Wichita State will be putting their undefeated record on the line tonight as they host Bradley. The Shockers needed overtime to dispatch of Missouri State on Saturday night.
3) Keep an eye on No. 22 Pitt going on the road to take on Georgia Tech. The Yellow Jackets have had an up-and-down season and are dealing with some injuries, but there is nothing like a road game to trip up a favorite.
4) Three more top 25 teams take the court tonight:
- Georgia and their two game winning streak will head to No. 7 Florida.
- No. 19 Cincinnati will host Temple, one of the most injury-plagued teams in the country.
- No. 20 Creighton will host fellow Big East newcomer Butler.
5) Michigan puts their undefeated Big Ten record on the line tonight as they host Penn State.
6) Keep an eye out west tonight as Boise State hosts Nevada. The Wolf Pack are sitting at 4-0 in the MWC right now while BSU is 1-2. The Broncs were a preseason title contender while Nevada wasn’t expected to do much of anything in league play.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)