Jan 15, 2014, 9:05 AM EDT
An Appalachian State sophomore forward has put together one of the best ticket drives I can remember.
Michael Obacha is a native of Nigeria, and throughout the rest of the reason, he will be running a charity drive to get shoes to ship back to his country.
“One of the main things I want to do is put a smile on the face of every child who gets shoes,” Obacha said in a statement from the Athletics Department. “We often take our blessings for granted, but something as simple as a new pair of shoes brings so much joy to these children and allows them to play the game they love.”
Fans that bring a pair of shoes to any of Appalachian State’s home games the rest of the season will be given a pair of tickets for free. Shipping isn’t free, however, so in addition to the 500 pairs of shoes that Obacha is trying to raise, he also needs to generate about $2,500 to pay the cost of transporting the shoes across the Atlantic Ocean.
If you would like to contribute, you can donate money through the Access 2 Success foundation, which was founded by Andrew Lovedale, another native Nigerian and a former teammate of Steph Curry’s at Davidson.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)