Jan 15, 2014, 9:27 AM EST
Kentucky and Arkansas played one of the weirdest games that you’ll see this season on Tuesday night.
There were roughly, by my estimation, 8,657 fouls called in an overtime game that lasted nearly three hours. But in the end, the Cats and the Hogs ended in thrilling fashion, as Michael Qualls threw down a game-winning, buzzer-beating tip-dunk.
If that wasn’t enough, Kentucky had 0.2 seconds left to muster up some kind of a miracle, but their inbounds pass somehow ended up getting stuck on top of the scoreboard.
Like I said, wild finish, but that’s not where the fireworks ended.
After the game, Lexington Herald-Leader photographer Mark Cornelison snapped a couple of pictures of Aaron Harrison nearly coming to blows with a Razorback fan that had wandered onto the court. As you can see, the Arkansas fan had his fists balled up, ready to brawl, before Orlando Antigua stepped in between the two to break it up.
SEC fans cannot rush the court after wins as the league fines the school as a result. This is an example of why it may be a good idea to ban court storms nationally.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 0
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)