Jan 15, 2014, 9:27 AM EST
Kentucky and Arkansas played one of the weirdest games that you’ll see this season on Tuesday night.
There were roughly, by my estimation, 8,657 fouls called in an overtime game that lasted nearly three hours. But in the end, the Cats and the Hogs ended in thrilling fashion, as Michael Qualls threw down a game-winning, buzzer-beating tip-dunk.
If that wasn’t enough, Kentucky had 0.2 seconds left to muster up some kind of a miracle, but their inbounds pass somehow ended up getting stuck on top of the scoreboard.
Like I said, wild finish, but that’s not where the fireworks ended.
After the game, Lexington Herald-Leader photographer Mark Cornelison snapped a couple of pictures of Aaron Harrison nearly coming to blows with a Razorback fan that had wandered onto the court. As you can see, the Arkansas fan had his fists balled up, ready to brawl, before Orlando Antigua stepped in between the two to break it up.
SEC fans cannot rush the court after wins as the league fines the school as a result. This is an example of why it may be a good idea to ban court storms nationally.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 1
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (8)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)