Jan 15, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino told reporters on Wednesday afternoon that starting point guard Chris Jones will not be in the lineup on Thursday evening when the Cardinals host Houston.
Jones is averaging 11.3 points and 2.9 assists on the season, but combined for just four points and five turnovers in the last two games. He’s been banged up on late, and played about a minute in the second half against SMU on Sunday do to an oblique injury.
It’s the oblique that will keep him out of the lineup on Thursday.
Expect Terry Rozier to get the start in his place.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)