Jan 15, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino told reporters on Wednesday afternoon that starting point guard Chris Jones will not be in the lineup on Thursday evening when the Cardinals host Houston.
Jones is averaging 11.3 points and 2.9 assists on the season, but combined for just four points and five turnovers in the last two games. He’s been banged up on late, and played about a minute in the second half against SMU on Sunday do to an oblique injury.
It’s the oblique that will keep him out of the lineup on Thursday.
Expect Terry Rozier to get the start in his place.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)