Jan 15, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino told reporters on Wednesday afternoon that starting point guard Chris Jones will not be in the lineup on Thursday evening when the Cardinals host Houston.
Jones is averaging 11.3 points and 2.9 assists on the season, but combined for just four points and five turnovers in the last two games. He’s been banged up on late, and played about a minute in the second half against SMU on Sunday do to an oblique injury.
It’s the oblique that will keep him out of the lineup on Thursday.
Expect Terry Rozier to get the start in his place.
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 0
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 0
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 0
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)