Jan 15, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino told reporters on Wednesday afternoon that starting point guard Chris Jones will not be in the lineup on Thursday evening when the Cardinals host Houston.
Jones is averaging 11.3 points and 2.9 assists on the season, but combined for just four points and five turnovers in the last two games. He’s been banged up on late, and played about a minute in the second half against SMU on Sunday do to an oblique injury.
It’s the oblique that will keep him out of the lineup on Thursday.
Expect Terry Rozier to get the start in his place.
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Texas A&M gets a tough guard, St. John’s big weekend, Xavier’s intriguing fit 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Key assistant coaching hires 0
- 2014-15 America East Preview: Does Stony Brook finally make the Tournament? 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)