Jan 15, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino told reporters on Wednesday afternoon that starting point guard Chris Jones will not be in the lineup on Thursday evening when the Cardinals host Houston.
Jones is averaging 11.3 points and 2.9 assists on the season, but combined for just four points and five turnovers in the last two games. He’s been banged up on late, and played about a minute in the second half against SMU on Sunday do to an oblique injury.
It’s the oblique that will keep him out of the lineup on Thursday.
Expect Terry Rozier to get the start in his place.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)