Jan 15, 2014, 1:11 PM EST
Louisiana Tech has spent much of this season gliding under the radar as one of the nation’s best teams that you haven’t seen play, but the Bulldogs suffered a significant blow when leading scorer Raheem Appleby went down with an ankle injury last Thursday.
According to the Shreveport Times, the injury was bad enough that Appleby had to be taken off of the court on a stretcher.
On Wednesday, the school announced that the ligament damage that Appleby suffered is bad enough that it will keep him out for six-to-eight weeks. He’ll be further evaluated by doctors, according to the school, because he may need surgery on the ankle. That would end his season. If he’s only out for six weeks, he could returns for the Conference USA tournament.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (11)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)