Jan 15, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
Louisiana Tech has spent much of this season gliding under the radar as one of the nation’s best teams that you haven’t seen play, but the Bulldogs suffered a significant blow when leading scorer Raheem Appleby went down with an ankle injury last Thursday.
According to the Shreveport Times, the injury was bad enough that Appleby had to be taken off of the court on a stretcher.
On Wednesday, the school announced that the ligament damage that Appleby suffered is bad enough that it will keep him out for six-to-eight weeks. He’ll be further evaluated by doctors, according to the school, because he may need surgery on the ankle. That would end his season. If he’s only out for six weeks, he could returns for the Conference USA tournament.
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)