Jan 16, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
Some of you that are new to the college hoops blogosphere may not remember this story, but I certainly do.
Three years ago, during the summer of 2011, the Louisville blog Card Chronicle discovered that there was an elite Class of 2012 recruit that went by the name Chicken Knowles. Louisville’s home arena, the KFC Yum! Center, is colloquially known as ‘The Bucket’.
Obviously, Louisville fans wanted to ‘Bring Chicken to The Bucket’.
It was a meme that lasted for months. It became popular enough that Card Chronicle made #BringChickenToTheBucket t-shirts and Knowles actually started to consider Louisville even though the school wasn’t recruiting him. The whole thing truly was hilarious and is recapped in full right here.
Why am I bringing this up now?
Knowles wound up heading to Houston to play his college ball, and tonight, the Cougars will pay a visit to … Louisville.
Two-and-a-half years after the campaign started, Chicken will finally be heading to the Bucket.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)