Jan 16, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
Some of you that are new to the college hoops blogosphere may not remember this story, but I certainly do.
Three years ago, during the summer of 2011, the Louisville blog Card Chronicle discovered that there was an elite Class of 2012 recruit that went by the name Chicken Knowles. Louisville’s home arena, the KFC Yum! Center, is colloquially known as ‘The Bucket’.
Obviously, Louisville fans wanted to ‘Bring Chicken to The Bucket’.
It was a meme that lasted for months. It became popular enough that Card Chronicle made #BringChickenToTheBucket t-shirts and Knowles actually started to consider Louisville even though the school wasn’t recruiting him. The whole thing truly was hilarious and is recapped in full right here.
Why am I bringing this up now?
Knowles wound up heading to Houston to play his college ball, and tonight, the Cougars will pay a visit to … Louisville.
Two-and-a-half years after the campaign started, Chicken will finally be heading to the Bucket.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)