Jan 16, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
Some of you that are new to the college hoops blogosphere may not remember this story, but I certainly do.
Three years ago, during the summer of 2011, the Louisville blog Card Chronicle discovered that there was an elite Class of 2012 recruit that went by the name Chicken Knowles. Louisville’s home arena, the KFC Yum! Center, is colloquially known as ‘The Bucket’.
Obviously, Louisville fans wanted to ‘Bring Chicken to The Bucket’.
It was a meme that lasted for months. It became popular enough that Card Chronicle made #BringChickenToTheBucket t-shirts and Knowles actually started to consider Louisville even though the school wasn’t recruiting him. The whole thing truly was hilarious and is recapped in full right here.
Why am I bringing this up now?
Knowles wound up heading to Houston to play his college ball, and tonight, the Cougars will pay a visit to … Louisville.
Two-and-a-half years after the campaign started, Chicken will finally be heading to the Bucket.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 1
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)