Jan 16, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Chicken Knowles and the “Bring Chicken to the Bucket” Movement: A Timeline (Card Chronicle)
On Thursday night Houston visits the KFC Yum! Center to take on No. 18 Louisville, and the game is a special one for some Louisville fans. Why? Houston freshman forward Chicken Knowles will be on the floor, and back in 2011 he was the focus of a campaign of sorts to get him in a Louisville uniform. The “Bring Chicken to the Bucket” campaign comes to its rightful conclusion on Thursday, even if Knowles may not be a Cardinal.
The best college venues for NBA teams to scout games (Draft Express)
After giving this topic some publicity last week following the game between No. 1 Arizona and UCLA, with NBA scouts and executives in attendance none too thrilled with the way they were treated at Pauley Pavilion. Jonathan Givony of Draft Express gave a rundown of some of the best (and worst) venues for NBA decision-makers to scout college players.
When is it OK to storm the court in college basketball (Indianapolis Star)
With the decision of Indiana students to rush the floor after the Hoosiers beat No. 3 Wisconsin on Tuesday night, a few used the opportunity to climb up on their proverbial soapbox to discuss when such an event should occur. What are the “rules?” Should there even be “rules” when it comes to storming the court?
When Rowe became your coach, it was for life (Providence Journal)
If you want to stump the average college basketball fan, ask them who the head coach at UConn was before Jim Calhoun was hired in 1986. The answer is Dee Rowe, who just turned 85 years old and impacted the lives of many players he coached at various stops. One of those players was Providence Journal columnist Bill Reynolds, who played for Rowe at Worcester Academy.
Buffs preach cohesiveness on the court (Daily Camera)
No. 21 Colorado head coach Tad Boyle and his staff have preached cohesiveness all season long, and the results have been positive for the Buffaloes. And with Spencer Dinwiddie done for the season with a torn ACL and reserve guard Tre’Shaun Fletcher out 6-8 weeks, it’s even more important for the Buffaloes to heed those teachings with No. 25 UCLA visiting Boulder on Thursday night.
IPFW senior proving invaluable on, off of the court (Fort Wayne News-Sentinel)
IPFW senior guard Pierre Bland has been a valuable contributor for IPFW this season, leading the way in regards to both his production and his leadership qualities. With this being the case, Bland’s been a player held in high esteem by coaches and teammates alike.
Chemistry, maturity carrying top-ranked Cats into rivalry game (Arizona Daily Star)
While No. 1 Arizona is currently undefeated Sean Miller’s team hasn’t allowed the chatter to lead to overconfidence, and that’s key entering their game against in-state rival Arizona State on Thursday night. Two of the reasons why the Wildcats sit atop the polls and have yet to lose a game: good team chemistry, and players who have the maturity needed to properly handle the pressure that comes with a lofty ranking.
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)