Jan 17, 2014, 9:03 PM EST
With there being just four games on the college basketball schedule Friday night, the eight teams in action may be able to grab a little more attention from diehard fans of the sport. And if those fans watched the Horizon League battle between Green Bay and Wright State they saw some impressive basketball from both teams with the Phoenix winning 79-69.
But even in defeat there were some highlights for the home team, one of which being an impressive first-half dunk thrown down by Wright State’s Jerran Young over Green Bay 7-footer Alec Brown.
Video courtesy of ESPN
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)