Jan 17, 2014, 9:03 PM EDT
With there being just four games on the college basketball schedule Friday night, the eight teams in action may be able to grab a little more attention from diehard fans of the sport. And if those fans watched the Horizon League battle between Green Bay and Wright State they saw some impressive basketball from both teams with the Phoenix winning 79-69.
But even in defeat there were some highlights for the home team, one of which being an impressive first-half dunk thrown down by Wright State’s Jerran Young over Green Bay 7-footer Alec Brown.
Video courtesy of ESPN
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 1
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)