Jan 19, 2014, 11:46 AM EST
Colorado bounced back nicely on Saturday after losing to UCLA earlier this week following the loss of junior guard Spencer Dinwiddie to a torn ACL on Monday.
The No. 21 Buffaloes moved on to beat USC 83-62 at home on Saturday and had balanced scoring from players stepping up after injuries to Dinwiddie and Tre’Shawn Fletcher.
Josh Scott led the way with 20 points while Askia Booker had 13 points and Xavier Johnson and Jaron Hopkins each had 10 points.
With the talented group that Colorado (15-4, 4-2) still has on the floor and their distinct home court advantage of playing in high-altitude conditions, head coach Tad Boyle and the team is still counting on playing hard and winning in the Pac-12
These quotes from Boyle to the AP were telling:
“This was just what the doctor ordered for this team,” Boyle said to the Associated Press. “Obviously, it’s one game and we’ve got to move on. But I said after the UCLA game and I’ll say it again today, ‘Don’t count this team out.’ These guys have toughness. They’ve got grit and we can win some games in this league.”
With a talented interior player like Scott leading the way and with a decent amount of depth if guys like Hopkins step up as consistent scorers, Colorado will still be a tough out in the Pac-12.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 1
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (8)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)