Jan 19, 2014, 11:46 AM EDT
Colorado bounced back nicely on Saturday after losing to UCLA earlier this week following the loss of junior guard Spencer Dinwiddie to a torn ACL on Monday.
The No. 21 Buffaloes moved on to beat USC 83-62 at home on Saturday and had balanced scoring from players stepping up after injuries to Dinwiddie and Tre’Shawn Fletcher.
Josh Scott led the way with 20 points while Askia Booker had 13 points and Xavier Johnson and Jaron Hopkins each had 10 points.
With the talented group that Colorado (15-4, 4-2) still has on the floor and their distinct home court advantage of playing in high-altitude conditions, head coach Tad Boyle and the team is still counting on playing hard and winning in the Pac-12
These quotes from Boyle to the AP were telling:
“This was just what the doctor ordered for this team,” Boyle said to the Associated Press. “Obviously, it’s one game and we’ve got to move on. But I said after the UCLA game and I’ll say it again today, ‘Don’t count this team out.’ These guys have toughness. They’ve got grit and we can win some games in this league.”
With a talented interior player like Scott leading the way and with a decent amount of depth if guys like Hopkins step up as consistent scorers, Colorado will still be a tough out in the Pac-12.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)