Jan 20, 2014, 11:37 AM EDT
The Cameron Crazies may have outdone themselves this year.
It’s currently January 20th. Duke hosts North Carolina on March 8th. But according to Duke Blue Planet, the picture that you see above is of Duke students already beginning their camp out to get the best seats for a game against a North Carolina team that, frankly, is not all that good.
Maniacs. I love it.
This was all sparked by associate head coach Steve Wojciechowski tweeting out a picture of Krzyzewskiville on Sunday.
Here’s the thing: Duke fans aren’t the only ones that are out of their minds. In fact, I’d make the argument that Syracuse fans are more out there. Here’s why: Duke is in North Carolina, and while it can get cold in the Mid-Atlantic region, you’re mostly dealing with temperatures in the 40s and 50s.
Syracuse is a completely different beast. It’s frigid. It’s arctic. It’s dark and snowy and the land that global warming forgot. And yet, their students — known as Otto’s Army — have begun camping out in Boeheimburg to get their tickets for the Duke games:
— Otto's Army (@OttosArmy) January 20, 2014
That will be played on Dec. 1st, meaning that they’ll be camping for almost two weeks.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)