Jan 20, 2014, 11:37 AM EST
The Cameron Crazies may have outdone themselves this year.
It’s currently January 20th. Duke hosts North Carolina on March 8th. But according to Duke Blue Planet, the picture that you see above is of Duke students already beginning their camp out to get the best seats for a game against a North Carolina team that, frankly, is not all that good.
Maniacs. I love it.
This was all sparked by associate head coach Steve Wojciechowski tweeting out a picture of Krzyzewskiville on Sunday.
Here’s the thing: Duke fans aren’t the only ones that are out of their minds. In fact, I’d make the argument that Syracuse fans are more out there. Here’s why: Duke is in North Carolina, and while it can get cold in the Mid-Atlantic region, you’re mostly dealing with temperatures in the 40s and 50s.
Syracuse is a completely different beast. It’s frigid. It’s arctic. It’s dark and snowy and the land that global warming forgot. And yet, their students — known as Otto’s Army — have begun camping out in Boeheimburg to get their tickets for the Duke games:
— Otto's Army (@OttosArmy) January 20, 2014
That will be played on Dec. 1st, meaning that they’ll be camping for almost two weeks.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 11
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (12)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)