Jan 20, 2014, 11:37 AM EDT
The Cameron Crazies may have outdone themselves this year.
It’s currently January 20th. Duke hosts North Carolina on March 8th. But according to Duke Blue Planet, the picture that you see above is of Duke students already beginning their camp out to get the best seats for a game against a North Carolina team that, frankly, is not all that good.
Maniacs. I love it.
This was all sparked by associate head coach Steve Wojciechowski tweeting out a picture of Krzyzewskiville on Sunday.
Here’s the thing: Duke fans aren’t the only ones that are out of their minds. In fact, I’d make the argument that Syracuse fans are more out there. Here’s why: Duke is in North Carolina, and while it can get cold in the Mid-Atlantic region, you’re mostly dealing with temperatures in the 40s and 50s.
Syracuse is a completely different beast. It’s frigid. It’s arctic. It’s dark and snowy and the land that global warming forgot. And yet, their students — known as Otto’s Army — have begun camping out in Boeheimburg to get their tickets for the Duke games:
— Otto's Army (@OttosArmy) January 20, 2014
That will be played on Dec. 1st, meaning that they’ll be camping for almost two weeks.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)