Jan 20, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Florida-Gulf Coast was a sensation last March, dominating seemingly all of the college basketball discussion for a full week as they dunked all over Georgetown and San Diego State en route to a first-ever trip to the Sweet 16 for a No. 15 seed.
They were entertaining. They threw lobs all the time. Their head coach had a unique back story and was married for a former Maxim model. Their campus is on the beach. Everything about the school and the team made them a terrific story … until they lost to Florida.
And then they went back to being just a bunch of dudes that play basketball at that school that you think you remember hearing about that one time.
Anyway, the fellas down at FGCU are still doing vintage #DunkCity things even though they are well off of the national radar at this point in the season.
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 0
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 1
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 3
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 9
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 8
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (85)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (22)