Jan 20, 2014, 12:02 PM EST
Florida-Gulf Coast was a sensation last March, dominating seemingly all of the college basketball discussion for a full week as they dunked all over Georgetown and San Diego State en route to a first-ever trip to the Sweet 16 for a No. 15 seed.
They were entertaining. They threw lobs all the time. Their head coach had a unique back story and was married for a former Maxim model. Their campus is on the beach. Everything about the school and the team made them a terrific story … until they lost to Florida.
And then they went back to being just a bunch of dudes that play basketball at that school that you think you remember hearing about that one time.
Anyway, the fellas down at FGCU are still doing vintage #DunkCity things even though they are well off of the national radar at this point in the season.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)