Jan 20, 2014, 12:02 PM EST
Florida-Gulf Coast was a sensation last March, dominating seemingly all of the college basketball discussion for a full week as they dunked all over Georgetown and San Diego State en route to a first-ever trip to the Sweet 16 for a No. 15 seed.
They were entertaining. They threw lobs all the time. Their head coach had a unique back story and was married for a former Maxim model. Their campus is on the beach. Everything about the school and the team made them a terrific story … until they lost to Florida.
And then they went back to being just a bunch of dudes that play basketball at that school that you think you remember hearing about that one time.
Anyway, the fellas down at FGCU are still doing vintage #DunkCity things even though they are well off of the national radar at this point in the season.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)