Jan 20, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Florida-Gulf Coast was a sensation last March, dominating seemingly all of the college basketball discussion for a full week as they dunked all over Georgetown and San Diego State en route to a first-ever trip to the Sweet 16 for a No. 15 seed.
They were entertaining. They threw lobs all the time. Their head coach had a unique back story and was married for a former Maxim model. Their campus is on the beach. Everything about the school and the team made them a terrific story … until they lost to Florida.
And then they went back to being just a bunch of dudes that play basketball at that school that you think you remember hearing about that one time.
Anyway, the fellas down at FGCU are still doing vintage #DunkCity things even though they are well off of the national radar at this point in the season.
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)