Jan 20, 2014, 9:33 PM EDT
No. 17 Ohio State lost its fourth consecutive game on Monday night as the Buckeyes fell on the road to Nebraska, 68-62.
The Cornhuskers hadn’t beaten Ohio State since 1985, and in front of a packed home crowd, they held off the Buckeyes by limiting turnovers and playing very good defense.
Although Nebraska had 17 turnovers, they held off on major turnovers in the first half — and down the stretch — and held Ohio State to 39 percent shooting from the field and 28 percent shooting from the three-point line.
Tim Miles’ decision to go with a small lineup to help matchup with Ohio State was another crucial decision. The Cornhuskers were able to defend Ohio State by going small, while also being quicker on the offensive end with more ball handlers.
Shavon Shields and Terran Petteway both led Nebraska with 18 points while Deverell Biggs added 11 points.
It didn’t help that the Buckeyes couldn’t find a go-to scorer. Aaron Craft led the Ohio State with 12 points as LaQuinton Ross (11 points) and Lenzelle Smith (10 points) both struggled hit shots from the field.
Ohio State has lost four straight games — three of which were on the road — and are clearly in a freefall as Big Ten play is underway. The Buckeyes are now 2-4 in the Big Ten and it won’t get much easier from here. Can Ohio State find a reliable scoring threat?
Sep 30, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Western Kentucky fans were given three options and selected one for the upcoming season.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
NBA teams know all about efficiency stats and advanced analytics. College freshmen and sophomores may not.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
Those can’t be called dorms. Maybe luxury resort housing.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
Evans may be the best point guard in the Class of 2015, but it’s up for debate.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:17 PM EDT
Ernie Kent lands his third commitment in the Class of 2015.
Sep 30, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
The pair will replace Digger Phelps and Jalen Rose.
Sep 30, 2014, 8:48 AM EDT
The Owls may not have landed Jalen Brunson, but they did bring in an elite “legacy” in the back court.
Sep 29, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Long Beach State has four commits in 2015.
Sep 29, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
Pauley Pavilion has gone under plenty of changes in the last few seasons and dealt with a flooding issue several months back.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
UNLV continues to tap into the local powerhouse.
Sep 29, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
All four commits are ranked in the Rivals150.
Sep 29, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Spoiler: Kentucky is going to dunk a lot this season.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
A decision could come within the next three weeks.
Sep 29, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
John Calipari’s loaded roster has required a new position on the Kentucky staff.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Logwood had previously signed with Auburn.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
Spoelstra is now the head coach of the Miami Heat.
Sep 29, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
New head coach Mike Rhoades is from the Shaka Smart coaching tree.
Sep 29, 2014, 1:36 PM EDT
Will this hurt Cuonzo Martin’s program?
Sep 29, 2014, 12:47 PM EDT
Deville Smith has completed the tough task of playing for four different schools in four seasons.
Sep 29, 2014, 11:53 AM EDT
This provides more context into why Smart did what he did.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Maryland transfer eligible this season at Georgia Tech (3)
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)