Report: Florida State signee Bowers, two JuCo teammates, arrested for eating pot during traffic stop
Jan 20, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Here’s an interesting report coming from Natalie Pierce of Tallahassee.com.
Three men’s basketball players from Chipola College, including Florida State signee Cimeon Bowers, were arrested on Thursday for allegedly eating marijuana during a traffic stop in an attempt to conceal it from police.
The other two players arrested included Jamaar McKay-Taylor and Torian Graham and all three players have been suspended from Chipola until the legal process plays out and the school investigates the matter internally.
The three junior college players were pulled over around 9:30 p.m. on January 18th for speeding and the officers smelled marijuana after approaching the vehicle, according to the Marianna Police Department.
The story was first reported by the Jackson County Floridian.
This obviously will remind some of the movie “Super Troopers”, but this is kind of a crazy story and arrest.
The legal process still needs to play out for all three players, but Bowers was having a bright year, averaging 14.8 points and 8.8 rebounds per game at Chipola.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)