Report: Florida State signee Bowers, two JuCo teammates, arrested for eating pot during traffic stop
Jan 20, 2014, 5:10 PM EST
Here’s an interesting report coming from Natalie Pierce of Tallahassee.com.
Three men’s basketball players from Chipola College, including Florida State signee Cimeon Bowers, were arrested on Thursday for allegedly eating marijuana during a traffic stop in an attempt to conceal it from police.
The other two players arrested included Jamaar McKay-Taylor and Torian Graham and all three players have been suspended from Chipola until the legal process plays out and the school investigates the matter internally.
The three junior college players were pulled over around 9:30 p.m. on January 18th for speeding and the officers smelled marijuana after approaching the vehicle, according to the Marianna Police Department.
The story was first reported by the Jackson County Floridian.
This obviously will remind some of the movie “Super Troopers”, but this is kind of a crazy story and arrest.
The legal process still needs to play out for all three players, but Bowers was having a bright year, averaging 14.8 points and 8.8 rebounds per game at Chipola.
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 0
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)