Report: Florida State signee Bowers, two JuCo teammates, arrested for eating pot during traffic stop
Jan 20, 2014, 5:10 PM EST
Here’s an interesting report coming from Natalie Pierce of Tallahassee.com.
Three men’s basketball players from Chipola College, including Florida State signee Cimeon Bowers, were arrested on Thursday for allegedly eating marijuana during a traffic stop in an attempt to conceal it from police.
The other two players arrested included Jamaar McKay-Taylor and Torian Graham and all three players have been suspended from Chipola until the legal process plays out and the school investigates the matter internally.
The three junior college players were pulled over around 9:30 p.m. on January 18th for speeding and the officers smelled marijuana after approaching the vehicle, according to the Marianna Police Department.
The story was first reported by the Jackson County Floridian.
This obviously will remind some of the movie “Super Troopers”, but this is kind of a crazy story and arrest.
The legal process still needs to play out for all three players, but Bowers was having a bright year, averaging 14.8 points and 8.8 rebounds per game at Chipola.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)