Report: Florida State signee Bowers, two JuCo teammates, arrested for eating pot during traffic stop
Jan 20, 2014, 5:10 PM EST
Here’s an interesting report coming from Natalie Pierce of Tallahassee.com.
Three men’s basketball players from Chipola College, including Florida State signee Cimeon Bowers, were arrested on Thursday for allegedly eating marijuana during a traffic stop in an attempt to conceal it from police.
The other two players arrested included Jamaar McKay-Taylor and Torian Graham and all three players have been suspended from Chipola until the legal process plays out and the school investigates the matter internally.
The three junior college players were pulled over around 9:30 p.m. on January 18th for speeding and the officers smelled marijuana after approaching the vehicle, according to the Marianna Police Department.
The story was first reported by the Jackson County Floridian.
This obviously will remind some of the movie “Super Troopers”, but this is kind of a crazy story and arrest.
The legal process still needs to play out for all three players, but Bowers was having a bright year, averaging 14.8 points and 8.8 rebounds per game at Chipola.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)