Report: Florida State signee Bowers, two JuCo teammates, arrested for eating pot during traffic stop
Jan 20, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Here’s an interesting report coming from Natalie Pierce of Tallahassee.com.
Three men’s basketball players from Chipola College, including Florida State signee Cimeon Bowers, were arrested on Thursday for allegedly eating marijuana during a traffic stop in an attempt to conceal it from police.
The other two players arrested included Jamaar McKay-Taylor and Torian Graham and all three players have been suspended from Chipola until the legal process plays out and the school investigates the matter internally.
The three junior college players were pulled over around 9:30 p.m. on January 18th for speeding and the officers smelled marijuana after approaching the vehicle, according to the Marianna Police Department.
The story was first reported by the Jackson County Floridian.
This obviously will remind some of the movie “Super Troopers”, but this is kind of a crazy story and arrest.
The legal process still needs to play out for all three players, but Bowers was having a bright year, averaging 14.8 points and 8.8 rebounds per game at Chipola.
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Len Bias among inductees in Maryland’s 2014 Athletics Hall of Fame class (2)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)