Jan 21, 2014, 12:55 AM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: Nebraska 68, No. 17 Ohio State 62
In front of a hostile Nebraska crowd, the Buckeyes dropped their fourth consecutive game on Monday night as Ohio State fell to a Cornhusker team that was winless in the Big Ten. Shavon Shields and Terran Petteway led the Huskers with 18 points each while Ohio State struggled to muster scoring in this one as Aaron Craft led the way for the Buckeyes with 12.
Ohio State will need to figure things out quickly in a very tough Big Ten if they hope to have any shot at the league title.
1) No. 8 Kansas 78, No. 24 Baylor 68
Another week and another win for Kansas over a ranked opponent. The Jayhawks have won four consecutive games over ranked opponents as Perry Ellis finished with 18 points, Andrew Wiggins added 17 points and seven rebounds and the Jayhawks shot 23-for-40 from the field for 57 percent shooting as a team.
2) Creighton 96, No. 4 Villanova 68
That score is not an error and it’s even more shocking considering it was played in Philadelphia. Ethan Wragge knocked in his first seven three-pointers in the first half and the Bluejays knocked in 10 in a row to start as they cruised past Villanova for a big road win in the Big East. The Jays knocked in a conference record 21 three-pointers in the win on Monday night.
CBT’s Rob Dauster was in Philadelphia checking this game out and has more on Creighton’s win here.
3) Virginia 76, North Carolina 61
The Cavaliers are off to a solid 5-1 start in ACC play as they beat the Tar Heels on Monday night in Charlottesville. North Carolina has slid to 1-4 in the ACC and it doesn’t appear like things are getting better after the 0-3 start. Joe Harris and Malcolm Brogdon each paced Virginia with 16 points.
1) Creighton’s shooting: The Bluejays shot a ridiculous 21-for-35 from three-point range against Villanova.
2) Semaj Christon had 27 points in 39 minutes to help Xavier to an 84-74 in over DePaul for a Big East road win.
3) Belmont was tied 53-all with Fairfield during a non-conference home game on Monday before running off the game’s final nine points for the 62-53 win.
1) Maryland held a 29-20 lead at halftime of its ACC contest at N.C. State on Monday before blowing the lead and getting run out of the gym in the second half. Maryland was outscored 45-27 in the second half as the Wolfpack won 65-56.
2) New Hampshire was ahead of Vermont 30-20 at the break before being outscored 37-10 (!) in the second half of its 57-40 loss in America East play.
3) Georgetown blew another second-half lead, this time to Marquette, as the Golden Eagles outlasted the Hoyas 80-72 in overtime for a Big East road win. Marquette trailed 56-49 with 4:54 remaining before forcing overtime and earning its first Big East road win of the season.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0