Jan 22, 2014, 10:48 AM EST
This is terrific.
Ethan Wragge is the most unique player in college basketball. He’s Creighton’s “center”, but he rarely, if ever, steps inside the three-point line. He’s scored more than 1,000 points in his career and has attempted 53 two-pointers, a fact made all the more wild when you consider that he never stepped beyond the three-point line until he was a sophomore in high school.
Well, Wragge, who hit nine threes and seven in six minutes in a win over No. 4 Villanova on Monday, has been dubbed (ahem) The Lumberjack. And to honor the senior, Creighton will be hosting Lumberjack Night on Feb. 7th.
Using a clip from a Monty Python skit was ingenious.
The next step?
Getting video of Wragge singing it.
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)