Jan 22, 2014, 10:48 AM EST
This is terrific.
Ethan Wragge is the most unique player in college basketball. He’s Creighton’s “center”, but he rarely, if ever, steps inside the three-point line. He’s scored more than 1,000 points in his career and has attempted 53 two-pointers, a fact made all the more wild when you consider that he never stepped beyond the three-point line until he was a sophomore in high school.
Well, Wragge, who hit nine threes and seven in six minutes in a win over No. 4 Villanova on Monday, has been dubbed (ahem) The Lumberjack. And to honor the senior, Creighton will be hosting Lumberjack Night on Feb. 7th.
Using a clip from a Monty Python skit was ingenious.
The next step?
Getting video of Wragge singing it.
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)