Jan 22, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
This is terrific.
Ethan Wragge is the most unique player in college basketball. He’s Creighton’s “center”, but he rarely, if ever, steps inside the three-point line. He’s scored more than 1,000 points in his career and has attempted 53 two-pointers, a fact made all the more wild when you consider that he never stepped beyond the three-point line until he was a sophomore in high school.
Well, Wragge, who hit nine threes and seven in six minutes in a win over No. 4 Villanova on Monday, has been dubbed (ahem) The Lumberjack. And to honor the senior, Creighton will be hosting Lumberjack Night on Feb. 7th.
Using a clip from a Monty Python skit was ingenious.
The next step?
Getting video of Wragge singing it.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 0
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)