Jan 22, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
This is terrific.
Ethan Wragge is the most unique player in college basketball. He’s Creighton’s “center”, but he rarely, if ever, steps inside the three-point line. He’s scored more than 1,000 points in his career and has attempted 53 two-pointers, a fact made all the more wild when you consider that he never stepped beyond the three-point line until he was a sophomore in high school.
Well, Wragge, who hit nine threes and seven in six minutes in a win over No. 4 Villanova on Monday, has been dubbed (ahem) The Lumberjack. And to honor the senior, Creighton will be hosting Lumberjack Night on Feb. 7th.
Using a clip from a Monty Python skit was ingenious.
The next step?
Getting video of Wragge singing it.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)