Jan 22, 2014, 12:00 AM EDT
GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 3 Michigan State 71, Indiana 66
This was an important game for the Hoosiers and after one half, led Michigan State — without Adreian Payne — with a one-point lead. In the second half, Gary Harris took over scoring 20 of his 24 points in the second half.
No. 14 Kentucky 68, Texas A&M 51: Last season the Aggies picked up a win on the Rupp Arena floor. This time, Kentucky handed Texas A&M a 68-51 conference loss. Alex Poythress had himself a night, scoring a season-high 16 points and added five rebounds. Julius Randle ended with a double-double of 13 points and 11 boards.
LSU 77, Missouri 71: Despite 28 points from Jabari Brown and taking the lead with under four minutes to play, Missouri still didn’t have enough to leave Baton Rouge with an SEC victory. Jordan Mickey and Anthony Hickey connected on field goals and free throws down the stretch for LSU.
New Mexico 84, Boise State 75: The Lobos benefitted from an early start, and first half shooting woes from the Broncos to build a double-digit halftime lead. In the second half, Boise State tried to dig itself out of its first half hole, cutting the lead to seven twice, getting it as close as five. But Boise State couldn’t make the shots down the stretch, while Hugh Greenwood and Cameron Bairstow did for New Mexico.
1) DeAndre Daniels and Shabazz Napier, UConn: combined for 58 points, 19 rebounds, and six assists in Connecticut’s drubbing of Temple, 90-66.
2) Cameron Bairstow, New Mexico: The Lobos got off to a hot start, and throughout the game Bairstow was a constant presence. The New Mexico forward iced the game with a transition layup after the Lobos beat the Boise State press.
3) Ian Miller, Florida State: While Aaron Thomas led the Seminoles with 20 points, Miller did his best Michael Snear impression with a floater with four second left to survive a rally from Notre Dame.
1) Harvard: The Crimson lost to Florida Atlantic tonight 68-53, in a game that was as ugly as the score may indicate. The Crimson shot a paltry 23% FG (14-61). Given that they don’t have a very strong resume to begin with, an at-large bid — if necessary — was slim, and tonight’s loss all but clinches that they must win the Ivy League championship.
2) Clemson: The Pitt Panthers 56 percent to Clemson’s 32 and 53 percent from deep compared to the Tigers’ 21. The end result was a 76-43 road loss. Talib Zanna, Lamar Patterson and Cameron Wright outscored the entire Clemson team by four.
3) Willie Cauley-Stein, Kentucky: In the last three games for Kentucky, Cauley Stein has put up a combined three points, off 1-for-9 shooting, with 10 rebounds and two blocks. On Tuesday night he went for one point and one rebound.
- No. 20 Pittsburgh 76, Clemson 43
- Texas 67, No. 22 Kansas 64: Jonathan Holmes drilled a 3-pointer as time expired.
- Connecticut 90, Temple 66
- Wright State 73, Milwaukee 57
- SMU 70, Rutgers 56
- Florida State 76, Notre Dame 74
- Providence 65, Butler 56
- Georgia Tech 68, Boston College 60
Apr 19, 2014, 7:36 PM EDT
UNLV has added another player to its 2014 recruiting class, as shooting guard Patrick McCaw verbally committed to the Mountain West program.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
Arizona State has made another addition to its roster, landing a commitment from former UNLV forward Savon Goodman.
Apr 19, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Forward Zach LeDay has decided to leave the USF program after spending two seasons in Tampa.
Apr 19, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
New Florida A&M AD Kellen Winslow Sr. has already decided that the basketball program needs a new leader, as head coach Clemon Johnson was relieved of his duties Friday.
Apr 19, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Will highly-touted Colombian center Tonny Trocha-Morelos finally be joining the Texas A&M program?
Apr 19, 2014, 2:39 PM EDT
Michigan had some open scholarships following the 2014 NBA Draft departures of Nik Stauskas and Glenn Robinson III and they filled one of those on Saturday with a commitment from senior guard Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman.
Apr 19, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Gonzaga will have a very tough non-conference slate during the 2014-15 season.
Apr 19, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
Two-and-through sounds more and more likely to happen.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill and Satchel Pierce are following former Golden Eagles coach Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech as the duo committed to the Hokies on Saturday morning.
POSTERIZED: SMU commit Emmanuel Mudiay flushes a ridiculous alley-oop during Jordan Brand Classic (VIDEO)
Apr 19, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
SMU commit Emmanuel Mudiay put down the best dunk at the Jordan Brand Classic.
Apr 18, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Northern Illinois extended the contract of head coach Mark Montgomery through the 2017-18 season.
Chicago duo Jahlil Okafor, Cliff Alexander earn MVP honors as East beats West in Jordan Brand Classic
Apr 18, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
Chicago natives Jahlil Okafor and Cliff Alexander earned MVP honors as the East beat the West in the Jordan Brand Classic.
Apr 18, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Houston is allowing Danuel House and TaShawn Thomas to transfer, but only to certain programs.
Apr 18, 2014, 7:31 PM EDT
Indiana grabbed a commitment from a 2014 center on Friday night.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
Miami forward James Kelly is moving on.
Apr 18, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
It was a busy day for the Butler Bulldogs on Friday as freshman guard Elijah Brown intends to transfer while former Indiana wing Austin Etherington will transfer to the Big East program.
Apr 18, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
Ole Miss picked up a big graduate transfer on Friday when former Tennessee State forward M.J. Rhett signed with the Rebels.
Apr 18, 2014, 4:44 PM EDT
St. John’s received some big news this week as sophomore center Chris Obekpa decided to stay in New York.
Apr 18, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Kentucky freshman forward Marcus Lee will return to Lexington for his sophomore season.
Apr 18, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
After leading Georgia State to 25 wins and a Sun Belt regular season title, Ron Hunter has been rewarded with a contract extension.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 3
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)