Jan 23, 2014, 12:14 PM EST
Minnesota’s leading scorer Andre Hollins missed all but about 30 seconds of last night’s win over No. 9 Wisconsin after rolling his ankle.
He spent much of the game sitting in the training room, watching on television. That gave some cause for concern, especially considering he reportedly left the arena in a walking boot and on crutches.
But according to reports, it appears that Hollins’ injury isn’t incredibly serious. Jeff Borzello of CBSSports.com says he will be out for 7-10 days. Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com says that his status for Minnesota’s game on Sunday is still uncertain. Amelia Rayno of the Star-Tribune called it a “severe ankle sprain” and hinted that he could be out for two weeks.
In other words, no one is really sure just how bad the sprain is at this point, but with injuries like this, the concern isn’t whether or not he can damage the ankle anymore. It’s pain tolerance and whether or not the team can wait for the player to get fully healthy.
The good news for Minnesota?
Given the way that Dre Mathieu, Malik Smith and Mo Walker played last night, it’s clear that Minnesota can still be very competitive without Hollins on the floor.
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 0
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)