Jan 23, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
This coming weekend is an important one in college basketball, and not solely because of some of the big conference match-ups on the docket. It’s also the Coaches vs. Cancer’s “Suits and Sneakers” weekend, with many coaching staffs across the country eschewing the standard dress shoes for sneakers in support of the fight against cancer.
In the case of Marquette, not only will head coach Buzz Williams and the rest of the coaching staff wear sneakers when they host No. 4 Villanova on Saturday but the players will don special uniforms for the occasion. Marquette tweeted a picture of the new uniforms on Thursday afternoon:
So instead of the standard home white uniform the Golden Eagles will wear pink, and it’s for a good cause. One question I have is whether or not there will be a special shoe as well, maybe something along the lines of the Jordan Melo 10 Georgetown players wore during a game in early January.
Coaches vs. Cancer was established as a collaboration between the American Cancer Society and the National Association of Basketball Coaches.
Note: why they’d have Georgetown wearing the signature shoe of a player who attended Syracuse is a question for another day.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)