Jan 23, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
A member of Kentucky’s basketball staff was arrested Thursday morning, according to multiple reports.
Assistant strength coach Brian Shorter was arrested and charged with fourth-degree assault and first-degree wanton endangerment at his home. LEX 18 is reporting that Shorter allegedly shoved his wife into an unheated garage and, 40 minutes later, threw a bucket of water on her. She walked to a hotel to get help.
The temperature in Lexington today was in the single digits, with wind chills reaching negative numbers.
John Hayden, UK’s basketball spokesman, made the following statement: “we’re aware of the situation and we’re gathering information.”
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0