Jan 23, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
A member of Kentucky’s basketball staff was arrested Thursday morning, according to multiple reports.
Assistant strength coach Brian Shorter was arrested and charged with fourth-degree assault and first-degree wanton endangerment at his home. LEX 18 is reporting that Shorter allegedly shoved his wife into an unheated garage and, 40 minutes later, threw a bucket of water on her. She walked to a hotel to get help.
The temperature in Lexington today was in the single digits, with wind chills reaching negative numbers.
John Hayden, UK’s basketball spokesman, made the following statement: “we’re aware of the situation and we’re gathering information.”
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 0
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)