Jan 23, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
A member of Kentucky’s basketball staff was arrested Thursday morning, according to multiple reports.
Assistant strength coach Brian Shorter was arrested and charged with fourth-degree assault and first-degree wanton endangerment at his home. LEX 18 is reporting that Shorter allegedly shoved his wife into an unheated garage and, 40 minutes later, threw a bucket of water on her. She walked to a hotel to get help.
The temperature in Lexington today was in the single digits, with wind chills reaching negative numbers.
John Hayden, UK’s basketball spokesman, made the following statement: “we’re aware of the situation and we’re gathering information.”
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)