Jan 23, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
A member of Kentucky’s basketball staff was arrested Thursday morning, according to multiple reports.
Assistant strength coach Brian Shorter was arrested and charged with fourth-degree assault and first-degree wanton endangerment at his home. LEX 18 is reporting that Shorter allegedly shoved his wife into an unheated garage and, 40 minutes later, threw a bucket of water on her. She walked to a hotel to get help.
The temperature in Lexington today was in the single digits, with wind chills reaching negative numbers.
John Hayden, UK’s basketball spokesman, made the following statement: “we’re aware of the situation and we’re gathering information.”
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)