Jan 24, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Dartmouth’s Gabas Maldunas will miss the remainder of the season due to a torn ACL to his right knee suffered in practice, the school announced this past Wednesday.
Maldunas, who is the Big Green’s leading scorer and rebounder, was having a standout season and a big reason for Dartmouth’s improved play from last year.
The Big Green haven’t won more than ten games since the 2007-08 season, but are well on their way to a double-digit win campaign this year. They currently stand at 7-8 and, while their wins haven’t come against the stiffest of competition, their ranking of 220 by Pomeroy — compared to last season’s 275 — is reflective of the improvement.
The 6-foot-9 forward from Lithuania was averaging 11.2 points and 8.5 rebounds.
Because the injury was suffered at this stage of the season, Maldunas will be ineligible to receive a medical redshirt.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)