Jan 24, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
News broke earlier today that Robert Morris has indefinitely suspended four members of the men’s basketball team, including freshman standout Jeremiah Worthem. Along with Worthem, freshman Briton Lee, sophomore Evan Grey, and Shaire Tolson-Ford have been suspended.
Craig Meyer was the first to report the news.
RMU athletic director Craig Coleman said in a statement: “Student-athletes at Robert Morris University are held to the highest standards and, unfortunately, these four individuals have violated university policy. We trust that these young men have learned from their mistake and will bounce back as better individuals as a result of this action.”
The reason for the suspensions have not been specified at this time.
In the immediate future, this is a tough blow for the Colonials, who have gotten out to a 5-0 start in the NEC. Three of the four players who have been suspended have rarely seen the floor this season, yet Worthem is a big loss.
Worthem did not play in last night’s 91-65 drubbing of Sacred Heart. He is Robert Morris’ third-leading scorer on the season, averaging 8.9 ppg in 24.5 mpg.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)