Jan 24, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
News broke earlier today that Robert Morris has indefinitely suspended four members of the men’s basketball team, including freshman standout Jeremiah Worthem. Along with Worthem, freshman Briton Lee, sophomore Evan Grey, and Shaire Tolson-Ford have been suspended.
Craig Meyer was the first to report the news.
RMU athletic director Craig Coleman said in a statement: “Student-athletes at Robert Morris University are held to the highest standards and, unfortunately, these four individuals have violated university policy. We trust that these young men have learned from their mistake and will bounce back as better individuals as a result of this action.”
The reason for the suspensions have not been specified at this time.
In the immediate future, this is a tough blow for the Colonials, who have gotten out to a 5-0 start in the NEC. Three of the four players who have been suspended have rarely seen the floor this season, yet Worthem is a big loss.
Worthem did not play in last night’s 91-65 drubbing of Sacred Heart. He is Robert Morris’ third-leading scorer on the season, averaging 8.9 ppg in 24.5 mpg.
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)