Jan 25, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
George Washington used 46 second-half points to help take down George Mason 75-69 on Saturday in Atlantic 10 play in the inaugural “Revolutionary Rivalry.”
Kevin Larson and Joe McDonald each tallied 14 points to lead the way for the Colonials, as George Washington (16-3, 4-1) had all five starters end up in double-figures for scoring. George Washington tallied an impressive 20 assists on 29 field goals for the game as they shot 54 percent from the field against George Mason.
The Patriots (7-13, 0-6) were led by Johnny Williams with 18 points.
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 1
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 2
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 8
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 84
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (84)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)