Jan 25, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
The Nebraska basketball program is taking advantage of the NABC Suits and Sneakers weekend by teaming up with the American Cancer Society on Sunday when the Huskers host Minnesota in a Big Ten contest
Fans and students are encouraged to help the Huskers and the American Cancer Society in their ways to raise awareness for cancer research by dressing in a suit coat and sneakers for the Minnesota game.
The Big Ten Network’s LiveBIG’s promotion will also be going on and the university with the most students “suited up” over the weekend will receive a $10,000 donation to the school’s Relay for Life Initiative, which raises critical funds for cancer research.
Nebraska will also go a step further and have a Bone Marrow Donation awareness initiative for their students and fans on Sunday as well. Avery Harriman, the son of Nebraska assistant coach Chris Harriman was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia when he was two years old. Avery underwent a bone marrow transplant last year, and is now leukemia free.
The Nebraska game against Minnesota is scheduled for 5 p.m. on Sunday at the Pinnacle Bank Arena.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 20
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (20)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)