Jan 25, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
The Nebraska basketball program is taking advantage of the NABC Suits and Sneakers weekend by teaming up with the American Cancer Society on Sunday when the Huskers host Minnesota in a Big Ten contest
Fans and students are encouraged to help the Huskers and the American Cancer Society in their ways to raise awareness for cancer research by dressing in a suit coat and sneakers for the Minnesota game.
The Big Ten Network’s LiveBIG’s promotion will also be going on and the university with the most students “suited up” over the weekend will receive a $10,000 donation to the school’s Relay for Life Initiative, which raises critical funds for cancer research.
Nebraska will also go a step further and have a Bone Marrow Donation awareness initiative for their students and fans on Sunday as well. Avery Harriman, the son of Nebraska assistant coach Chris Harriman was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia when he was two years old. Avery underwent a bone marrow transplant last year, and is now leukemia free.
The Nebraska game against Minnesota is scheduled for 5 p.m. on Sunday at the Pinnacle Bank Arena.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)