Jan 25, 2014, 5:48 PM EST
Oakland University senior guard Duke Mondy provided the heroics on Saturday afternoon in the Golden Grizzlies’ 76-75 win over UIC, knocking down a three-pointer as time expired.
With the win Oakland moves to 3-4 in Horizon League play, and they did so despite a 5-for-17 afternoon from prolific scorer Travis Bader. Five players finished the game in double figures for Oakland, with guard Kahlil Felder leading the way with 21 points.
Here’s a view from the crowd, where OU student Ethan Scott captured the moment on his Instagram account. Mondy’s shot touching off a wild celebration.
(h/t Sporting News)
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 1
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)