Jan 25, 2014, 5:48 PM EDT
Oakland University senior guard Duke Mondy provided the heroics on Saturday afternoon in the Golden Grizzlies’ 76-75 win over UIC, knocking down a three-pointer as time expired.
With the win Oakland moves to 3-4 in Horizon League play, and they did so despite a 5-for-17 afternoon from prolific scorer Travis Bader. Five players finished the game in double figures for Oakland, with guard Kahlil Felder leading the way with 21 points.
Here’s a view from the crowd, where OU student Ethan Scott captured the moment on his Instagram account. Mondy’s shot touching off a wild celebration.
(h/t Sporting News)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)