Jan 25, 2014, 5:48 PM EST
Oakland University senior guard Duke Mondy provided the heroics on Saturday afternoon in the Golden Grizzlies’ 76-75 win over UIC, knocking down a three-pointer as time expired.
With the win Oakland moves to 3-4 in Horizon League play, and they did so despite a 5-for-17 afternoon from prolific scorer Travis Bader. Five players finished the game in double figures for Oakland, with guard Kahlil Felder leading the way with 21 points.
Here’s a view from the crowd, where OU student Ethan Scott captured the moment on his Instagram account. Mondy’s shot touching off a wild celebration.
(h/t Sporting News)
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)