Jan 25, 2014, 5:48 PM EDT
Oakland University senior guard Duke Mondy provided the heroics on Saturday afternoon in the Golden Grizzlies’ 76-75 win over UIC, knocking down a three-pointer as time expired.
With the win Oakland moves to 3-4 in Horizon League play, and they did so despite a 5-for-17 afternoon from prolific scorer Travis Bader. Five players finished the game in double figures for Oakland, with guard Kahlil Felder leading the way with 21 points.
Here’s a view from the crowd, where OU student Ethan Scott captured the moment on his Instagram account. Mondy’s shot touching off a wild celebration.
(h/t Sporting News)
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)