Jan 25, 2014, 5:48 PM EDT
Oakland University senior guard Duke Mondy provided the heroics on Saturday afternoon in the Golden Grizzlies’ 76-75 win over UIC, knocking down a three-pointer as time expired.
With the win Oakland moves to 3-4 in Horizon League play, and they did so despite a 5-for-17 afternoon from prolific scorer Travis Bader. Five players finished the game in double figures for Oakland, with guard Kahlil Felder leading the way with 21 points.
Here’s a view from the crowd, where OU student Ethan Scott captured the moment on his Instagram account. Mondy’s shot touching off a wild celebration.
(h/t Sporting News)
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 0
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)