Jan 25, 2014, 5:11 PM EDT
Oklahoma State guard Markel Brown didn’t have the best afternoon from a shooting standpoint, as he made just five of his 13 attempts from the field in the 11th-ranked Cowboys’ 81-75 home win over West Virginia. But he did provide the highlight of the game, throwing down a 360-degree dunk to tie the game at 48 with 13:58 remaining.
Brown finished the game with 15 points and ten rebounds, and while he and Marcus Smart (1-for-7 FG, four points) struggled offensively Le’Bryan Nash picked up the slack. Nash led five Cowboys in double figures with 29 points to go along with nine rebounds before fouling out late.
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 31
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 7
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 10
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 2
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (42)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)