Jan 26, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: Cal vs. UCLA, 8 p.m. (ESPNU)
Arizona looks to remain at the top of the Pac-12 standings, with an unblemished record on Sunday night. Cal sits alone in second place, followed by UCLA. The Bears and the Bruins go head-to-head tonight in Pauley Pavilion on Sunday. Cal is fresh off a loss to USC.
UCLA bounced back from a loss to Utah with a win at home over Stanford. In the win, sophomore forward Tony Parker posted a 22-point, seven-rebound performance.
THE OTHER GAME OF THE DAY: Utah vs. No. 1 Arizona, 8 p.m. (Fox Sports 1)
Syracuse escaped Miami with a win, while Wichita State picked up win No. 21 of the season. Arizona looks to stay undefeated as well on Sunday night as the Wildcats host Utah.
MID-MAJOR GAME OF THE DAY: Quinnipiac vs. Manhattan, 2 p.m.
There is a three-way tie for MAAC between Manhattan, Iona and Canisius. One game behind the Jaspers, Gaels and Golden Griffins sits Quinnipiac.
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
1) The NBC Sports Network has a pair of games from chilly New England today. Fordham visits No. 13 UMass at noon. The Minutemen have had some exciting finishes at the Mullins Center lately, and are coming off an upset loss at Richmond. At 4 p.m., Ivy League favorite Harvard travels to Dartmouth.
2) North Carolina hosts Clemson, and a loss would drop the Tar Heels to 1-5 in the ACC. Oregon is in a similar predicament. The Ducks head to Washington State, sitting at 1-5 in the Pac-12.
3) Three of the top four teams in the American are in action today. No. 15 Cincinnati has a road matchup with Temple with the chance stay atop the conference at 8-0. No. 23 Memphis welcomes in South Florida. SMU and Houston go head-to-head in an in-state battle.
4) The Big Ten has a doubleheader on Sunday afternoon: Illinois vs. Indiana at 3 p.m. followed by Minnesota at Nebraska at 6 p.m.
5) Stony Brook and Vermont — the top two teams in the American East — both have home games. The Seawolves have Maine coming to town, while the Catamounts, coming off a loss to Stony Brook, welcome in Binghamton.
THE REST OF THE TOP 25:
- Fordham at No. 13 UMass, noon (NBC Sports Network)
- No. 15 Cincinnati at Temple, 4 p.m. (CBS Sports Network)
- South Florida vs. No. 23 Memphis, 2 p.m. (CBS Sports Network)
- Georgia Tech vs. N.C. State, 1 p.m. (ESPN3)
- Illinois vs. Indiana, 3 p.m. (Big Ten Network)
- Harvard vs. Dartmouth, 4 p.m. (NBC Sports Network)
- Stanford vs. USC, 5 p.m. (Pac-12 Network)
- Clemson vs. North Carolina, 6 p.m. (ESPNU)
- Kent State vs. Toledo, 6 p.m. (ESPN3)
- Minnesota vs. Nebraska, 6 p.m. (Big Ten Network)
- Oregon vs. Washington State, 7 p.m. (Pac-12 Network)
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)