Jan 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Mississippi State head coach Rick Ray will not be punished by the SEC for his role in a verbal altercation with Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson during the game between the two teams on Saturday, the Clarion-Ledger reported on Monday.
Ray shouted a profanity towards Henderson with 6.2 seconds left in Ole Miss’ 82-63 win over Mississippi State after Henderson began talking as he walked by the Bulldog bench.
The Mississippi State head coach immediately apologized to Ole Miss head coach Andy Kennedy and Henderson and also took to social media to apologize as well.
It’s never a good thing for a coach to talk to an opposing player, let alone curse at them, so for Ray to quickly apologize and take responsibility is for the best and hopefully now everyone can move on.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 8
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 14
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)