Jan 27, 2014, 4:18 PM EDT
On Monday, the NCAA announced eight potential sites for the men’s basketball Final Four during the 2017-2020 seasons.
The eight finalists announced by the NCAA are Atlanta, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, New Orleans, North Texas, Phoenix/Glendale, San Antonio and St. Louis.
The eight finalists have combined to host 24 Final Fours and are also scheduled to host the next two. Some of the names on the list are quite familiar with hosting the Final Four and others, like Minneapolis, would love to get another Final Four after waiting for over a decade.
The 2014 Final Four will be played in North Texas, Indianapolis will host in 2015 and Houston hosts the Final Four in 2016.
If you’re wondering what it takes for a city to host a Final Four, according to the NCAA, men’s Final Four venues, “must hold a minimum of 60,000 fans, and host cities or regions must be able to provide at least 10,000 full-service hotel rooms within reasonable proximity to the competition venue.”
Oct 24, 2014, 12:39 PM EDT
Georgetown holds a 35-29 lead in their all-time series with UConn.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Villanova went 29-5 last season and return essentially the same lineup. Why aren’t more people talking about them?
Oct 24, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Texas now has two four-star commitments, with Kerwin Roach joining Eric Davis on Friday.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Oct 24, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Kentucky’s on top, but who’s next in line?
Oct 24, 2014, 12:06 AM EDT
Oct 23, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Joshua Smith averaged 11.5 points per game before being ruled academically ineligible last season.
Oct 23, 2014, 10:49 PM EDT
Oct 23, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
The preseason favorites to win the Atlantic 10 added a new teammate Thursday.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT
Shawn Lester averaged 11.9 points and 4.2 rebounds per game in the sixth man role last season.
Oct 23, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Hallice Cooke will have one hip operated on Monday, with the second surgery coming four weeks later.
Oct 23, 2014, 5:41 PM EDT
Christian James joins Rashard Odomes and Akolda Manyang in Oklahoma’s 2015 haul.
Oct 23, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
The OVC looks like a three-team race this season.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:57 PM EDT
Nice work editing in the music.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:38 PM EDT
Who are the top 20 perimeters in the country this season?
Oct 23, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
This scandal will be a stain on North Carolina’s sports and academic programs for a long time.
Oct 23, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
This is about as embarrassing as being POSTERIZED can get.
Oct 23, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
The Shockers went to the Final Four in 2013 and undefeated in 2014. What is next for them?
Oct 22, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Oct 22, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)