Jan 27, 2014, 1:14 PM EDT
Former Louisville forward Chane Behanan will transfer to Colorado State for his final season of eligibility, according to a report from Jason King of Bleacher Report.
Behanan, who is still in Houston receiving treatment for personal issues at the John Lucas Treatment and Recovery Center, has already enrolled in online courses at the university. He will be eligible to play in December but will remain in Houston through the spring, King reported.
“I am extremely excited to have Chane enrolled at Colorado State,” Colorado State head coach LarryEustachy said in a school release. “It is a great fit for both of us. He is a tremendous kid, and I really enjoyed getting to know him during his brief visit to Fort Collins.
“Chane is one of most talented players in the country, and he will be a key addition to our program next season. He has excelled at the highest level of collegiate athletics and there is no doubt that he will be one of the highest profile players to ever compete on the hardwood for the Rams.”
During his time in Louisville, the Cincinnati native had been in and out of trouble. Before getting kicked off the team in December, Behanan was suspended indefinitely in October.
He was averaging 7.6 points and 6.3 boards this season, numbers that were way down from what the former McDonald’s All-American averaged in Louisville’s run to the National Title last season.
Eustachy worked with John Lucas to get himself sober after his infamously got fired from Iowa State after pictures surfaced of him drinking with students at a frat party on a road trip to Missouri. It hasn’t been publicly stated or reported that issues with substance abuse is the reason that Behanan was dismissed from Louisville, but if that was the cause of his continued issues with the Cardinals, going to play for a coach that has beaten his own substance abuse demons could end up being a great decision.
“I respect Coach Eustachy and what he’s been through. We have a good connection,”Behanan told King.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)